Monday, September 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Shocker: DC to Cancel Just Announced Infinity Man and the Forever People in Ten to Twelve Months

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:07 pm

DC Shocker: DC to Cancel Just Announced Infinity Man and the Forever People in Ten to Twelve Months

The soon to be cancelled series will be written by Dan Didio, with art by Keith Giffen.

Source: Newsarama

DC made comic history today when the company announced a new Infinity Man and the Forever People series and then followed up with an announcement that they planned to cancel the title in the next ten to twelve months.  "I'm really excited to write and then cancel Infinity Man," said new series writer/DC co-publisher Dan Didio during the most recent DC All Access.  "It's always been a dream of mine to cancel two series that I write. Makes me feel like both the man and an oppressed creator."  

Keith Giffen will co-write and co-draw the series with Scott Koblish, which will re-imagine the Forever People as foreign exchange students from New Genesis who discover a multiversial threat on Earth.  

"People have been clamoring for a revival of a cult series," Didio explained to All Access as to why he's bringing back the Jack Kirby characters, which previously appeared in a short lived series in the 1980s.  "So I'm happy to write that revival and show them what idiots they are when I have to cancel it."

When asked if he thought that the expected poor sales were due to his poor writing as opposed to the character's popularity, Didio held up his hand to his ear.  "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of me telling you to fuck off."  Didio then flicked off the camera and walked off the set of DC All Access, leaving co-hosts Blair Herter and Tiffany Smith to awkwardly smile at the camera for a bit before moving on to talk about how cool the new Batman: Arkham Knight video game will be.

Infinity Man and the Forever People #1 will be releaed in June, and will probably get cancelled between December and February 2015.  

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:32 pm

In the afterword to the first Fourth World omnibus, Mark Evanier makes the point that Kirby was always looking forward and pushing for new ideas as opposed to going backwards. This is the opposite of that. Giffen has become such a slavish copyist that it's kind of sad.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:00 pm

I thought OMAC was fun. I'll probably give this a shot.

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:17 pm

That's one hell of a long title :lol: It's like naming your band Echo and the Bunnymen :roll:

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:34 pm

OMAC was awesome so I've no problem with the creative team.

I'm also a lifelong Kirby fan but freely admit the Forever People wasn't one of his better creations.

Still, I'm in.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:54 pm

I give it 7.

Chessack

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Chessack » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:30 pm

Heheh. Good one.

And a very good point... that more often than not a new "ongoing" series doesn't go on for very long.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Giffen can't possibly f**k up the Fourth World as much as he did Legion, can he?

Answer: Probably.

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:53 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I give it 7.

7 issues before it tanks?

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:10 pm

Draco x wrote:
7 issues before it tanks?

No he was rating the series 7 out of 10.

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:19 pm

Amoebas wrote:No he was rating the series 7 out of 10.

And I was being sarcastic.

Chessack

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Chessack » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Amoebas wrote:No he was rating the series 7 out of 10.

Maybe, but I'll take the "it's canceled by issue 7" action. What are the stakes?

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:32 pm

Chessack wrote:
Maybe, but I'll take the "it's canceled by issue 7" action. What are the stakes?

I will bet a dollar myself on this.

Paul Singam

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Paul Singam » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:07 am

Dan Didio sucks!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:53 am

So, nobody noticed that Serifan is apparently now a black girl? :?

leave a comment with facebook