Friday, December 9, 2016 • Morning Edition • "SCORE! The Outhouse does it again!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Shocker: Geoff Johns Fired from Green Lantern

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:51 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Drew Magary is going to be the new Green Lantern writer, and instead of producing comics, he's going to live blog it.

Which Nac will then live blog.

In issue #1, Hal Jordan will eat a bunch of shitty donuts, then make some unfunny observations about banal stuff. It'll be great!
User avatar

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:53 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Unless Didio gets the boot too.

There's a new guy running Warner Bros (at least he will be on March 1) So there's a good chance heads may be rolling throughout that part of the Time-Warner Empire. And since DC is under the WB umbrella, you might see Didio's head rolling too.

I get a feeling that Johns leaving GL could be a foreshadowing of his leaving his Chief Creative Officer role as well.


Be careful not to create a Hope Spot, my friend. You don't know what this new guy's going to do.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:55 pm

nietoperz wrote:According to the solicits, it isn't just Johns who is leaving: all four Lantern books' creative teams will jump off in May.

:shock:
User avatar

Herald

Hopscotch

Postby Herald » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:59 pm

nietoperz wrote:Which Nac will then live blog.

In issue #1, Hal Jordan will eat a bunch of shitty donuts, then make some unfunny observations about banal stuff. It'll be great!


At this point, it sounds better than Geoff's "You know what we need this issue?? YET ANOTHER LANTERN CORPS!!!!!" :roll:
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Fuck ! Nieto is correct. Maybe just a shifting of writing responsibilities due to Johns leaving?

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-comics-may-2013-solicitations.html
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:09 pm

nietoperz wrote:
Johns is currently writing three other monthly ongoings, plus Trinity War and the Batman: Earth 1 sequel. It makes sense that something had to give. I mean, I know we enjoy wild speculation here, but still. Next you'll be telling us that the new GL writer is obviously Wingman aka Wally West. Or Ryan Conklin.

Kevin Tsujihara, by the way, is an old friend of DC Comics. I don't suspect he's going to be rocking any boats,


I'm not the one who suggested the idea that jobs might be in jeopardy at DC.

As all this is happening, Kevin Tsujihara has been tapped to be the new Warner Brothers CEO. When there’s a new CEO, there tends to be an assessment of the unit for the new guy to look at and frequently there are some changes. If I were Diane Nelson/Dan DiDio/Jim Lee, I’d want my numbers nice and polished and consistent by the time the DC unit gets its time under the microscope. Now, given how recently that announcement was made, it isn’t likely that it directly caused a wider cleanup of the lowest sales tier. Don’t discount the watchful eye of corporate transition as DC makes more announcements between now and SDCC.


So you can go take you patronizing little ball elsewhere.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:23 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Drew Magary is going to be the new Green Lantern writer, and instead of producing comics, he's going to live blog it.


Doubt it, even though Magary's first SF novel was nominated for The Arthur C. Clarke and Phillik K. Dick awards. I'm sure Deadspin, GQ, and Kissing Suzie Kolber keep him busy enough.
User avatar

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Grayson wrote:
Somebody posted almost that exact same comment over at Ricch's site earlier...I am now suspicious.


I'm the same guy, and screw it, I'm recycling jokes today.
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Doubt it, even though Magary's first SF novel was nominated for The Arthur C. Clarke and Phillik K. Dick awards. I'm sure Deadspin, GQ, and Kissing Suzie Kolber keep him busy enough.


Guys that live blog about the Grammys don't generally win those awards.

Hab
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:38 pm

False Prophet wrote:I'm the same guy, and screw it, I'm recycling jokes today.


:shock: I KNEW IT! :P
User avatar

PhoenixEquinox

Peanut

Postby PhoenixEquinox » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:25 pm

I'm afraid for the future of GL cause it's my favorite branch of the DCU but I hope Johns leaves like Bendis or Brubaker left Daredevil with a crazy cliffhanger that leaves everything in an interesting but ridiculous place for whoever's next.

My fingers are crossed for DnA but I'd put money on Giffen cause of his sudden departure from the Legion before his run started. I don't think he'll be in for the long haul but Giffen'll be on for at least the next few months. Can't really say for the other GL titles though. Red Lanterns will probably get axed sooner than later though.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Grayson wrote:Wow, that really is shocking. I knew that Johns couldn't stay on the title forever but it felt like he was trying to. Wonder who they will get to replace him.


I think either D&A or Waid would do good, but I don't see that happening.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:45 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Fuck ! Nieto is correct. Maybe just a shifting of writing responsibilities due to Johns leaving?

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-comics-may-2013-solicitations.html


Mass firing?! :shock:
User avatar

Stalzer2002

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Stalzer2002 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:48 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Mass firing?! :shock:


Johns must be a Dothraki. When the Khal dies, his bloodriders die with him.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:00 am

nietoperz wrote:
As all this is happening, Kevin Tsujihara has been tapped to be the new Warner Brothers CEO. When there’s a new CEO, there tends to be an assessment of the unit for the new guy to look at and frequently there are some changes. If I were Diane Nelson/Dan DiDio/Jim Lee, I’d want my numbers nice and polished and consistent by the time the DC unit gets its time under the microscope. Now, given how recently that announcement was made, it isn’t likely that it directly caused a wider cleanup of the lowest sales tier. Don’t discount the watchful eye of corporate transition as DC makes more announcements between now and SDCC.


Wait... Morrision's leaving Superman soon.

Coincidence? Or will he be moving over to GL?

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DudeistMonk, FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 44 guests