Monday, May 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

DC Shocker Redux: Another Z-List Superheroine Returning to New 52

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:51 am

DC Shocker Redux: Another Z-List Superheroine Returning to New 52

DC is bringing back another female superheroine in The Movement.

Source: Gail Simone's Tumblr

Gail Simone slipped a bit of a Spoiler this weekend at Megacon, one that probably had a few fans Brown with anticipation and hoping they wouldn't get a Steph infection when The Movement comes out later this spring.  Simone hinted that there'd be a few minor characters returning from the twilight zone in her new series, and we found out the identity of one of them this weekend.

Can you guess who it is?

That's right, Tremor is making a comeback!

Who's Tremor?  Well, according to DC Wikia, her full name is Roshanna Chatterji, and she first appeared in Secret Six #25.  And according to Simone, she's Bengali and asexual, so there's that too.

Simone hinted on her tumblr that Tremor wouldn't be the only character returning in The Movement. Any other guesses as to who will return?

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:29 am

Meh I knew about Tremor the moment the solicitations came out. Old news. We want Scandal! Or Catman.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:47 am

z lister is too kind.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am

LOLtron wrote:when The Movement comes out later this spring.

That's a long time to hold in your crap.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:42 pm

If a male writer created a female character and described her as "asexual", they'd be raked over the coals by some feminists.

Of course, that would never happen to comics' premiere female scribe! :roll:

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:If a male writer created a female character and described her as "asexual", they'd be raked over the coals by some feminists.

Of course, that would never happen to comics' premiere female scribe! :roll:

I'm just wondering why she thought anyone cared? Some writers seem a little too interested in their characters sex lives.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Black_Orchid wrote:
I'm just wondering why she thought anyone cared? Some writers seem a little too interested in their characters sex lives.

that too.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:00 pm

Asexuality is considered to be part of the LGBT community nowadays, and according to a report I found via Wikipedia, suffers more discrimination than homosexuals or bisexuals.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:06 pm

BlueMole wrote:Asexuality is considered to be part of the LGBT community nowadays, and according to a report I found via Wikipedia, suffers more discrimination than homosexuals or bisexuals.

That is stupid.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Maybe Tremor is just choosing to focus on her career right now instead of finding a man :P

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:19 pm

BlueMole wrote:Asexuality is considered to be part of the LGBT community nowadays, and according to a report I found via Wikipedia, suffers more discrimination than homosexuals or bisexuals.

I just mean, why does it matter what a bit part character's sexual orientation is? It's only part of the narrative when the writer makes it a point. There's only 22 pages, get to the superpowered fight scenes or snarky quipping.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Maybe Tremor is just choosing to focus on her career right now instead of finding a man :P

OR a woman. 21st century, donchoo know?

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:12 pm

She hasn't met the right Twigglet to set her straight.

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:10 pm

Never heard of her until this thread.

leave a comment with facebook