Advertisement

DC Shocker: Six Titles Cancelled

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Internet Celebrity

Re: DC Shocker: Six Titles Cancelled

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Can't say I'm surprised these books got cut.

Hawkman seems like a book they never knew what to do with, since the creative team shifted so much. Seems like a real victim of having a mandate of 52 ongoing books. If you don't have a plan for the book, why even bother publishing it? Putting out crap just hurts the brand. It seemed like they were publishing it just to have a Hawkman book on the shelves.

The only one of these books I tried was Team 7 because I liked the Chuck Dixon Wildstorm series years ago, but this book was just garbage.

None of those other books interested me in the least. Hopefully this opens up room for something good.

Advertisement

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:56 pm

nietoperz wrote:But at least they're trying. I mean, the majority of the DCnU has kind of fizzled, mainly because of inept editorial micro management, but by the same token the fact that they have been willing to take a punt on stuff like I, Vampire, Dial H and Animal Man can only be a good thing, even if they haven't set the sales charts on fire in all cases. I see this as more of that, which is great: lord knows the core super-hero titles that don't involve Batman are kind of pants just now.

I think some if their core superhero stuff is pretty good, personally. Stuff like Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman have been surprisingly strong. The worst stuff, I feel, is sort of the secondary characters like Teen Titans, Green Arrow, etc. don't get me wrong, I think Justice League is boring and the Superman books are pretty much unreadable, but there's some gems in the superhero books.

But I agree with you about DC taking more chances. Those two new books they announced aren't my cup of tea, but its good to see them doing something different. I'm hoping they continue to come up with unique things.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 211 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:49 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Could that be in Reboot Action Comics #1 when young Superman holds that rich corrupt guy over his head and pretends that he's going to toss the guy over the balcony ?

In that link they explain Superman going after corrupt bankers was a reference to the 1930s Superman who actually did that.

Yeah there was that, but since then, it's been your basic super-villain stuff. No Superman going after Wall Street or state politicians trying to screw Americans out of their collective bargaining rights or wanting to stick sonograms in women that they didn't want stuck in them or trying to make it harder for certain Americans to vote.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:38 am

Arion wrote:
Superman and Batman should assault South-American bankers. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

What if they went on homoerotic sexual excursions instead?

"World's Finest Fuckbuddies"

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 462 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:19 pm

GLX wrote:

We already have Apollo and Midnighter in that capacity.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 211 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:34 pm

GLX wrote:

You're too late.

http://the-isb.blogspot.com/2005/11/where-they-went-wrong-superman-and.html

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 123 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:21 pm

GLX wrote:

Now that you mention it... I'd buy that too.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand