Thursday, May 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We put the lotion in the basket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sat May 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

Scott Kollins is like fourth-rate talent.

:smt011

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat May 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Putting it in the monthly solicits is promotion enough for a book like Justice League or Batman, sure! Clearly didn't work for an anthology with an unrevealing name.. :P

And in reply, good sir, I direct your kind attention to the numerous articles on this site as well as many others that were published about this title :D
http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/search.php?keywords=threshold+giffen&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=30&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat May 11, 2013 3:05 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
And in reply, good sir, I direct your kind attention to the numerous articles on this site as well as many others that were published about this title :D
http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/search.php?keywords=threshold+giffen&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=30&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Little late now, isn't it? :wink:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat May 11, 2013 3:07 pm

:lol:

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat May 11, 2013 3:10 pm

You're always on top of the DC previews, though, that's for sure.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat May 11, 2013 11:34 pm

draco x wrote:
You actually think it will make it to 12 issues?

I'm being generous here.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat May 11, 2013 11:43 pm

doombug wrote:Your idiocy and ignorance of one of the most underrated artists in the industry shows no bounds. :smt005

I don't consider a guy whose are looks like it belongs in a crappy comic strip "one of the most underrated artists in the industry."

He's way too cartoonish.
His faces look as flat as JRJR's
His Backgrounds are crappy.
His action scenes suck.
He draws crappy aliens.
He draws crappy fight scenes.
His lines are too heavy.
He lacks vision.

Want me to go on?

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat May 11, 2013 11:46 pm

GLX wrote:
:smt011

Dude couldn't tie Mike Grell's shoelaces.

Heck, his art is worse than Giffen's was at it's most crappiest in the 80's.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun May 12, 2013 12:24 am

Juan Cena wrote:
I don't consider a guy whose are looks like it belongs in a crappy comic strip "one of the most underrated artists in the industry."

He's way too cartoonish.
His faces look as flat as JRJR's
His Backgrounds are crappy.
His action scenes suck.
He draws crappy aliens.
He draws crappy fight scenes.
His lines are too heavy.
He lacks vision.

Want me to go on?

Eisner nominated artist who has had the pleasure of working with the best and brightest the comic book industry has to offer vs annoying random internet sports fan with an obsession on a team that was only ever popular in the 70's and fantasizes about some jackass who had 15 minutes of fame on a reality show that doesn't even exist anymore..

Yeah sorry, going to have to side with Kollins on this one.

And I love that you show further ignorance insulting Romita too. :smt005

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun May 12, 2013 2:43 am

doombug wrote:
Eisner nominated artist who has had the pleasure of working with the best and brightest the comic book industry has to offer vs annoying random internet sports fan with an obsession on a team that was only ever popular in the 70's and fantasizes about some jackass who had 15 minutes of fame on a reality show that doesn't even exist anymore..

Yeah sorry, going to have to side with Kollins on this one.

And I love that you show further ignorance insulting Romita too. :smt005

What exactly was he nominated for? I tried doing a Google search, and couldn't find anything.

Not that being nominated for an award actually means he's a great artist. Milli Vanilli won a Grammy for Best New Artist, remember?

Heck, Ordinary People beat out Raging Bull for an Oscar. So much for that theory.

Neither does "pleasure of working with the best and brightest the comic book industry has to offer." How many times has a crappy artist been teamed up with a good writer? (Or vice versa) Or a less than first-rate singer works with a great singer or musician (See: David Coverdale and Jimmy Page)

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun May 12, 2013 2:45 am

And as for JRJR and his flat faces...

Thor in that pic always reminded me of the old 80's Superman balloon in the Macy's Parade.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun May 12, 2013 11:06 am

Seriously Nac, I'm close to just calling you a moron at this point. :smt011

Anthony Pilone

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Anthony Pilone » Sun May 12, 2013 12:51 pm

Surprise, surprise, surprise! ( yeah, right...) Geez, how many more new 52 titles cancelled all together now? I guess that garbage they put out as a Captain Carrot rip-off wasn't good enough to save this steaming pile of PU52. K'rot should have been the first clue. When will DC/WB get it that no one wants to read their crap no matter who is writing or drawing it because editorial doesn't know which direction it wants to go. This reboot keeps screwing up more and more. The cancellation and it's plummeting sales DON'T LIE. I want the real DC universe back!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun May 12, 2013 12:53 pm

The only "real" DCU is whatever they're writing at the moment. Chances are, after a burst of interest in another BIG CHANGE, it would go back to practically no one wanting to read most of that stuff either.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sun May 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Hab

leave a comment with facebook