Advertisement

DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18291
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 99 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby Arion » Sun May 12, 2013 7:18 pm

I don't know why anthologies are so hard to sell in the American industry. England has been publishing 2000AD -a weekle anthology- for over 35 years.

Advertisement

Herald
User avatar
biny little tird
 
Posts: 12892
Likes: 221 posts
Liked in: 312 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!


Re: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby Herald » Sun May 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Arion wrote:I don't know why anthologies are so hard to sell in the American industry. England has been publishing 2000AD -a weekle anthology- for over 35 years.


And Japan for decades longer.

Brian Keith Pittman
User avatar
FACEBOOKTron
 
Posts: 2367
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 163 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:48 pm
Location: IN THE MACHINE
Title: DOCILE ROBOT


RE: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby Brian Keith Pittman » Sun May 12, 2013 8:17 pm

I am curious, what will DC do when they run out of properties to cancel? It has to happen eventually.

Lord Simian
User avatar
The Lord of the Monkeys
 
Posts: 34934
Likes: 160 posts
Liked in: 280 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:57 am
Location: Poosting from The Outhouse


Re: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby Lord Simian » Sun May 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Reboot them all with a new crossover, a new status quo, etc.

Of course.

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16199
Likes: 255 posts
Liked in: 351 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun May 12, 2013 8:43 pm

doombug wrote:Your idiocy and ignorance of one of the most underrated artists in the industry shows no bounds. :smt005


Thanks for quoting that since I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Kollins is a is a great ratist and a super sweet guy.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

Mr. Log
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6250
Likes: 127 posts
Liked in: 144 posts
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:43 am
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man


Re: RE: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby Mr. Log » Sun May 12, 2013 8:51 pm

FBtron wrote:I am curious, what will DC do when they run out of properties to cancel? It has to happen eventually.


More Batman.

holtom2000
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2493
Likes: 163 posts
Liked in: 67 posts
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:11 pm


Re: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby holtom2000 » Sun May 12, 2013 9:12 pm

No kidding. Batman and the titans. Batman and Wonder Woman. Batman and batman

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13219
Likes: 432 posts
Liked in: 135 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Re: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby doombug » Sun May 12, 2013 10:09 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
Thanks for quoting that since I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Kollins is a is a great ratist and a super sweet guy.

yeah, hence why knocking him of all people bothers me. Nac's being his typical self.
Image

Image

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33192
Likes: 107 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby Juan Cena » Sun May 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Arion wrote:I don't know why anthologies are so hard to sell in the American industry. England has been publishing 2000AD -a weekle anthology- for over 35 years.


I think it has to do with the fact that American creators tend to use upcoming or second-tier to second rate creators with anthology titles, while UK/Europe/Japan anthologies tend to have their best talent on them.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33192
Likes: 107 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby Juan Cena » Sun May 12, 2013 11:07 pm

doombug wrote:yeah, hence why knocking him of all people bothers me. Nac's being his typical self.


Look, I've never been too crazy with artist who tend toward more cartoonish artwork like Kollins does. The few exceptions are those who either have a style that suits the book they're working on (like Buckingham on Fables) or have an excellent sense of design and vision (Steve Rude), or both. I get none of that from Kollins. Especially lately.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33192
Likes: 107 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby Juan Cena » Sun May 12, 2013 11:08 pm

holtom2000 wrote:No kidding. Batman and the titans. Batman and Wonder Woman. Batman and batman


Batman, egg, sausage, and Batman...
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16199
Likes: 255 posts
Liked in: 351 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon May 13, 2013 12:05 am

doombug wrote:yeah, hence why knocking him of all people bothers me. Nac's being his typical self.


He did a great interview with me, for this site of all places and a great Cap sketch in my book. I don't think Johns Flash run would have lasted long enough to get to Howard Porters great work if it weren't for the kinetic and fun. His designs on the rogues and the Zoom arc alone. Johns wrote some great stories but without Kollins Johns would be where he is right now.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13219
Likes: 432 posts
Liked in: 135 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Re: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby doombug » Mon May 13, 2013 12:33 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
He did a great interview with me, for this site of all places and a great Cap sketch in my book. I don't think Johns Flash run would have lasted long enough to get to Howard Porters great work if it weren't for the kinetic and fun. His designs on the rogues and the Zoom arc alone. Johns wrote some great stories but without Kollins Johns would be where he is right now.

I still really love the stuff he did at Marvel, Marvel Team up with Kirkman and the Beyond mini with Mcduffie. Just really cool and fun comics.
Image

Image

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16199
Likes: 255 posts
Liked in: 351 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon May 13, 2013 1:31 am

doombug wrote:I still really love the stuff he did at Marvel, Marvel Team up with Kirkman and the Beyond mini with Mcduffie. Just really cool and fun comics.


EMH was really really really good. And it's really cool to see him draw that many different Iron Man armors.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18291
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 99 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Postby Arion » Mon May 13, 2013 10:31 am

Herald wrote:
And Japan for decades longer.


Yes. Add to that most European countries and we see a tendency that doesn't exist in the US.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TerminalNY83 and 65 guests

Advertisement