Monday, May 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri May 10, 2013 12:58 pm

DC Shocker: Threshold Cancelled

The sci-fi series was cancelled after eight issues.

Source: MTV Geek

To the surprise of absolutely no one, Threshold is being cancelled as of issue 8.  The DC sci-fi series is best known for rebooting Captain Carrot into a Rocket Raccoon knockoff.  The best part about the series, the Larfleeze backups, were already spun off into its own series, so this really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. 

On a side note, this marks the second time that a series with Blue Beetle has been cancelled in the last 12 months.  Coincidence or something more sinister?  We'll let you decide (the correct answer is coincidence.)

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Fri May 10, 2013 1:21 pm

Sadly the "anthology" books haven't fared well in getting past 8.

GI Combat, Sword of Sorcery, Threshold

Which is sad. DC is at least trying to do some different books (war, magic and sci-fi lite). I enjoyed the first story of Threshold and couldn't care enough about Larfreeze.

Part of it is the price point I think. People are willing to spend $3.99 on known quantities but on these "lesser" books alas.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri May 10, 2013 1:26 pm

I've not heard of Threshold to begin with.

But yeah, anthologies. If the perceived value isn't there or the publisher isn't solidly behind them to showcase new talent, D.O.A. With the high prices of today, customers aren't going to be willing to pay for much content they don't want.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Fri May 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I've not heard of Threshold to begin with.

But yeah, anthologies. If the perceived value isn't there or the publisher isn't solidly behind them to showcase new talent, D.O.A. With the high prices of today, customers aren't going to be willing to pay for much content they don't want.

And it's not like they've had second level talent on these books.

Sword of Sorcery had Lopresti on the main story. Threshold had Tom Raney and Scott Kolins, GI Combat had Panosian and Olivetti. All really fantastic artists.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri May 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Chesscub wrote:

Sword of Sorcery had Lopresti on the main story. Threshold had Tom Raney and Scott Kolins, GI Combat had Panosian and Olivetti. All really fantastic artists.

fantastic artists yes and all that i enjoy, but not artists that you can really sell a book on...

Glacier16

cheese

Postby Glacier16 » Fri May 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Chesscub wrote:Sadly the "anthology" books haven't fared well in getting past 8.

GI Combat, Sword of Sorcery, Threshold

Which is sad. DC is at least trying to do some different books (war, magic and sci-fi lite). I enjoyed the first story of Threshold and couldn't care enough about Larfreeze.

Part of it is the price point I think. People are willing to spend $3.99 on known quantities but on these "lesser" books alas.

This. I was mildly interested but not at that price.

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Fri May 10, 2013 2:02 pm

God DAMN it. :smt011

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Fri May 10, 2013 2:04 pm

Doesn't help that this isn't the real DCU.

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Fri May 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Annnnd, another Giffen book goes down the drain. :lol:

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri May 10, 2013 2:20 pm

I realize it's been said already but, There was a book called threshold?

Rafael Sant'Anna Meyer

FACEBOOKTron

Postby Rafael Sant'Anna Meyer » Fri May 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Well, I won't be surprised if DC New 52 changes into DC new 26 or New 13.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri May 10, 2013 10:09 pm

FBtron wrote:Well, I won't be surprised if DC New 52 changes into DC new 26 or New 13.

supposedly there's gonna be a big push in sept with more books...

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri May 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Lord Ice wrote:Annnnd, another Giffen book goes down the drain. :lol:

but he's got Larfleeze, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, DC vs He-Man all still coming out

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri May 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Chesscub wrote:

Scott Kollins is like fourth-rate talent.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri May 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Lord Ice wrote:Annnnd, another Giffen book goes down the drain. :lol:

Giffen sucks. After his latest attempt to destroy the Legion (which didn't really need his help the way things are going), I'm hoping he never gets another job in comics.

leave a comment with facebook