Monday, May 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

DC Shocker: I, Vampire Cancelled

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:46 pm

I shall. Just had to catch up on Hickman's Fantastic Four. I'm picking up a stash of comics tomorrow & will put both FF titles at the top of the pile.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:30 pm

Glad to hear that, Union Jack.

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:34 am

Arion wrote:Glad to hear that, Union Jack.

Just read Fantastic Four & FF. Very good, got that sense of adventure the FF should have. Look forward to seeing where the exploration leads & it's great to see Medusa & She-Hulk making a regular appearance.
Going to catch up on the other Now books & see what's doing it for me.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:46 am

Check out Hawkeye. It's easily one of the best things on the stands right now.

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:19 pm

I've missed Hawkeye (probably put off by the costume change I'll admit) but think I'll have to try the trade. Back issues seem difficult to find & expensive. Don't understand why some comics less than a year old suddenly rocket on price.

BatWatch

underclassman

Postby BatWatch » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:12 pm

GOSD wrote:Yeah, DC is bleeding readers. Except for Batman, every other book is losing readers.

It's a sad state. I wonder if they will do a reboot reboot.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:29 pm

GOSD wrote:
Yeah, DC is bleeding readers. Except for Batman, every other book is losing readers.

And here I thought every book from every publisher routinely loses readers from issue to next issue (not just DC).

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:41 pm

UnionJack wrote:
Just read Fantastic Four & FF. Very good, got that sense of adventure the FF should have. Look forward to seeing where the exploration leads & it's great to see Medusa & She-Hulk making a regular appearance.
Going to catch up on the other Now books & see what's doing it for me.

Yes, FF has been great. Plus having Allred on a monthly again is amazing.

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:08 pm

At least this made it to #19 unlike the other 52 books that have been cancelled much quicker. On a separate note, does anyone think they should make a movie of this book-it could have an anti-Twilight spin to it.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 am

This really bites!

Ok, lame joke...but I really like this series. One less title I'm getting from DC. Interesting business model...I mean, yeah, I get keeping the higher selling titles. But couldn't sales on the craptacular Justice League floats critically acclaimed book with (agreeable) lower sales? (Wow...check it out...I still have an ounce of idealism left in me...crazy!)

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:14 pm

Amoebas wrote:And here I thought every book from every publisher routinely loses readers from issue to next issue (not just DC).

Except for the The Walking Dead, that is usually the norm. But some titles lose 1,000 readers from issue to the other and some titles lose only 100.

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:31 pm

BatWatch wrote:
It's a sad state. I wonder if they will do a reboot reboot.

A better question is will Didio's ego allow a reboot of the current reboot?

BatWatch

underclassman

Postby BatWatch » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Amoebas wrote:And here I thought every book from every publisher routinely loses readers from issue to next issue (not just DC).

Well, if every comic loses readers from issue to issue, then they would go out of business. All we're saying is that DC is on the downswing at the moment.

draco x wrote:
A better question is will Didio's ego allow a reboot of the current reboot?

Fair point. If DC keeps going downhill, (as I suspect they will) something will eventually have to give, either Didio or whoever employs Didio. Question is how they should reboot it. If they tried at this point, would it do more good or more harm. Perhaps more importantly, how should they reboot it? Would it be best to simply revert, or should they try to mix and match the old with the new?

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:53 am

The question is, at what rate comics lose their readership. Because 99% of titles lose readers month after month, that's why all the renumberings and tricks like that are so common: to attract new readers.

BatWatch

underclassman

Postby BatWatch » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Arion wrote:The question is, at what rate comics lose their readership. Because 99% of titles lose readers month after month, that's why all the renumberings and tricks like that are so common: to attract new readers.

That's the second time of recent I've heard somebody say that comic books lose readers every month, but that can't be true, can it? Wouldn't the industry have died completely?

leave a comment with facebook