Advertisement

Siege #1 Is On Sale Now!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:51 pm

Jubilee wrote:What? He was the starlord of newsarama then?

[spoiler] :lol: [/spoiler]

what are you talking about boy? I don't get upset when everyone bashes DC. If I did I would have hung up on Jude, Topo, and Jswalen after the first podcast. :P

And Punchy, IC at least had a story.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:56 pm

starlord wrote:what are you talking about boy? I don't get upset when everyone bashes DC. If I did I would have hung up on Jude, Topo, and Jswalen after the first podcast. :P

And Punchy, IC at least had a story.

It didn't have any art though.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Punchy wrote:It didn't have any art though.

art doesn't make the story, it enhances it. The writer makes the story.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 pm

starlord wrote:art doesn't make the story, it enhances it. The writer makes the story.

The story was bad though, and comics are a visual medium, art is essential.

Infinite Crisis was an insult to all artists and fans of artists.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:05 pm

Punchy wrote:The story was bad though, and comics are a visual medium, art is essential.

Infinite Crisis was an insult to all artists and fans of artists.

alright, that's your opinion and I respect that. I feel the same way about the writing for House of M and Avengers Dissasembled, though. The writing on both of those events was an insult to writers and fans of real comic writers.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:06 pm

starlord wrote:alright, that's your opinion and I respect that. I feel the same way about the writing for House of M and Avengers Dissasembled, though. The writing on both of those events was an insult to writers and fans of real comic writers.

You don't really think that, you're just saying that to annoy me :P

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:06 pm

House of J wrote:REALLY? He was always looking for a real fight over DC. His avatar was usually The Atom, IIRC.

I was always so sad I missed the thread he finally got banned for good in, because he was so blindly nasty most of the time anyway.

I remember him. I'm the one who banned him! :lol:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 27 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:10 pm

amlah6 wrote:I remember him. I'm the one who banned him! :lol:

:shock: YOU MUST TELL!

He had been getting twitchier and twitchier for months and I always wondered what made him snap!

IIRC the criticism of Final Crisis had turned him homicidal at that point, and in every post he was pig-bitin' mad.

Prior to that last few months, he seemed like a nice, normal, fairly well-read DC fan.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Punchy wrote:You don't really think that, you're just saying that to annoy me :P

Well maybe not House of M as much, but I do think Avengers Dissassembled was horribly written.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:35 pm

Siege #1 (of 4)
I have been pretty excited for this especially with no new comics last week I have been jones'n... so, I liked this a lot but I was expecting to love it. I didn't feel that there was enough reason to invade Asgard, it just seemed a little forced. I know that Bendis is trying to show Osborn's madness by rushing off to war without the Presidents blessing but I still feel that Loki talking him into doing it just isn't enough to push him that far. My second quibble with this is it that I wanted more, and don't mistake this with me complaining about the price because I am not. I just think that is was a rush to start a war with Asgard and it it was way too quick of a fight to bring down Thor, maybe I am just used to these 6 and 7 issue mini's? It would have been nice if this was 5 or 6 pages longer IMO. Aside from that I did enjoy this, Ares was bad-ass and the look on Steve Rogers face on the last page was perfectly drawn by Coipel. The art was solid, Coipel isn't one of my faves but he churned out some damn good looking pencils here and the coloring was well suited. One thing Bendis did accomplish is getting me eager to get my hands on issue 2.

STORY 8.5

ART 8.5

OVERALL 8.5

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:37 pm

House of J wrote::shock: YOU MUST TELL!

He had been getting twitchier and twitchier for months and I always wondered what made him snap!

IIRC the criticism of Final Crisis had turned him homicidal at that point, and in every post he was pig-bitin' mad.

Prior to that last few months, he seemed like a nice, normal, fairly well-read DC fan.

Eh, I gave him a warning about who knows what, probably something dutch, he then proceeded to have a total meltdown where he called me lots of not nice things. It was lots of lulz and lead to the first Ghost Room which was even more lulz. He later sent me an awesome e-mail detailing how I should sodomize myself with a Mary Marvel action figure. :-D

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1068 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:42 pm

amlah6 wrote:Eh, I gave him a warning about who knows what, probably something dutch, he then proceeded to have a total meltdown where he called me lots of not nice things. It was lots of lulz and lead to the first Ghost Room which was even more lulz. He later sent me an awesome e-mail detailing how I should sodomize myself with a Mary Marvel action figure. :-D
:lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 27 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 pm

amlah6 wrote:Eh, I gave him a warning about who knows what, probably something dutch, he then proceeded to have a total meltdown where he called me lots of not nice things. It was lots of lulz and lead to the first Ghost Room which was even more lulz. He later sent me an awesome e-mail detailing how I should sodomize myself with a Mary Marvel action figure. :-D

:lol:

He'd been just going nuts on people left and right at that point but if you go back to mid-2008 his posts are completely reasonable and more or less not crazy. You all interacted with him, Punchy, Twigglet, etc.

He claimed to be a mental health professional too, you know.

thefourthman

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 230 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:38 pm

I didn't see this as quick. There has been a lot of build up, but I have been waiting for Norman to crack since he took over the Thunderbolts. With Iron Man having screwed up his stuff, loki back local, and cap back... it is no wonder he cracks. I also thing this is a little compressed, I would guess we witness about two to three weeks of stuff in this issue from the time loki talks to Norman to the end of the issue that is (not the battle). Also, I have felt that Dark Reign has gone on way longer than Norman could have maintained his composure. I like it. I like it a lot.

As far as wanting more. For me it works as a good serial comic should, I want the next issue now, but have to sooth my desire by rereading or thinking up bonkers explanations for what is going on or is going to happen.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:47 pm

This is nothing against the pick, but I fell asleep reading it. LOL! Really tired, though. So I'll read the rest of it later and probably do this tomorrow.

FYI: DeadLord will also be reviewing Siege this week so check in on Monday to see what Deadfett and Starlord have to say about it... and Black Night for that matter.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand