Advertisement

Siege #1 Is On Sale Now!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 39 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:49 pm

starlord wrote:This is nothing against the pick, but I fell asleep reading it. LOL! Really tired, though. So I'll read the rest of it later and probably do this tomorrow.

FYI: DeadLord will also be reviewing Siege this week so check in on Monday to see what Deadfett and Starlord have to say about it... and Black Night for that matter.

I reviewed BN #6: http://brokenfrontier.com/reviews/p/det ... st-night-6

I feel like a traitor. What the hell?

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:51 pm

also, here is the "news" piece I wrote for BF about the misprint: http://brokenfrontier.com/headlines/p/d ... ting-error (scans of the two pages are included)

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:54 pm

thefourthman wrote:I didn't see this as quick. There has been a lot of build up, but I have been waiting for Norman to crack since he took over the Thunderbolts. With Iron Man having screwed up his stuff, loki back local, and cap back... it is no wonder he cracks. I also thing this is a little compressed, I would guess we witness about two to three weeks of stuff in this issue from the time loki talks to Norman to the end of the issue that is (not the battle). Also, I have felt that Dark Reign has gone on way longer than Norman could have maintained his composure. I like it. I like it a lot.

I think what is missing is a signature moment of Norman cracking, I think that would have made it seem smoother in the comic, to be honest I am nit picking a little because I really did like this

thefourthman wrote:As far as wanting more. For me it works as a good serial comic should, I want the next issue now, but have to sooth my desire by rereading or thinking up bonkers explanations for what is going on or is going to happen.

I mostly agree with this, Bendis ended this issue in a perfect spot to leave you wanting more but I think a little more detail would have made this better imo.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:08 pm

corrected back matter available at marvel digital, helps explain how the DA took out Asgard so quick.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 7275706360

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 116 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:30 pm

starlord wrote:Well maybe not House of M as much, but I do think Avengers Dissassembled was horribly written.

this. House of M is a decent read that I've enjoyed reading while Christos gage gets to fill things out more and more in that universe.

Dissassembled is hands down the worst, force fed garbage that Brian ever wrote. Though because of it we got Young Avengers so...i'm indifferent.

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:32 pm

starlord wrote:I did not participate last week and for that I apologize. The truth is, I was lazy.

But I'm so glad I'm here for another trip down the Bendis Brown Highway.

Put on your boots boys, we're going to wade through another one. :roll:

You mean this book was written by Bendis and I touched it without putting on latex gloves?
I was perfectly content before I was born.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 116 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:37 pm

I love when you guys say this shit, you can tell how much it riles punchy up. :lol:

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:37 pm

amlah6 wrote:Shut your hole and respect your elders youngling.

Who the fuck are you pretending to be elderly, ya punk?
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:02 am

Old Man wrote:Who the fuck are you pretending to be elderly, ya punk?

Compared to the British Teens, we're all elderly.

stingerman
Birdman

Postby stingerman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:48 am

Here's my review:

Terrific issue!

Thought it was great, really did.

While it did read pretty fast I was alright with that as both Secret Invasion and Dark Reign were drawn out. So this pace was more than welcome! Siege being only four issues will most likely be like this, with the rest of the story being told in the tie-ins. To me this only means the tie-ins will be that much better (hopefully).

Gotta love Ares. Did you read his DR mini by Kieron Gillen? If so, you know where I am coming from. Here Bendis continued what I felt Gillen gave us - an Ares we can like! He felt like Maximus from Gladiator to me when rallying the troops! Heck, he more than likely mentored Maximus as Ares is the god of war!

I dug the Sentry stuff as well. We all knew he was the one who could "take on the immortals" when Baldur was speaking to Loki. Still, turning the page and seeing Bob busting through Asgard itself was awesomeness! Then he saves Norman's hide and takes on Thor!

Speaking of the thunder god, guess we know why JMS bid Marvel goodbye, lol. He got HAMMERED! Or so it looks. Add to this the ending with Steve Rogers and the inclusion of Fraction's Invincible Iron Man Stark:Disassembled arc (which has been very good, imo) and we get a hint of the return of Avengers Assemble!

I thought the art was great as well, particularly in the above mentioned pages with Loki and Baldur. Loki looked bad-arse!

Things seem to be moving quick with the Siege of Asgard and I think readers will be rewarded when all is said and done - or destroyed!

Full review: http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/reviews/siege1_review/

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:22 am

doombug wrote:I love when you guys say this shit, you can tell how much it riles punchy up. :lol:

I'm not going to let that happen!

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:53 am

starlord wrote:what are you talking about boy? I don't get upset when everyone bashes DC. If I did I would have hung up on Jude, Topo, and Jswalen after the first podcast. :P

And Punchy, IC at least had a story.

You're lucky I wasn't on your first podcast or I'd throw a hissy fit for not being included! :lol:

This board has seriously gotten pro-Marvel in the last year or so. When I started up here, there was a LOT of Marvel hate. It's gotten much better, though there are still a few people that seem to hate just to hate. On both sides. It's kind of depressing.

PS: I probably wouldn't have had a hissy fit. I just always wonder about my impact on stuff like that.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:10 am

SuperginraiX wrote:You're lucky I wasn't on your first podcast or I'd throw a hissy fit for not being included! :lol:

This board has seriously gotten pro-Marvel in the last year or so. When I started up here, there was a LOT of Marvel hate. It's gotten much better, though there are still a few people that seem to hate just to hate. On both sides. It's kind of depressing.

PS: I probably wouldn't have had a hissy fit. I just always wonder about my impact on stuff like that.

Actually you strike me as level headed about DC and Marvel. Good and bad in both companies.

Not like the other three who throw poo on the name just to fling it. ARRRGGGHHH!

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:11 am

Punchy wrote:I'm not going to let that happen!

how can it when deep down you know we're right. :-)

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:16 am

starlord wrote:how can it when deep down you know we're right. :-)

You really aren't.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand