Tuesday, February 20, 2018 • Morning Edition • "If you loved Hotel Rwanda, you'll love The Outhouse."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Siege #1 Is On Sale Now!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:32 pm

starlord wrote:I did not participate last week and for that I apologize. The truth is, I was lazy.

But I'm so glad I'm here for another trip down the Bendis Brown Highway.

Put on your boots boys, we're going to wade through another one. :roll:

You mean this book was written by Bendis and I touched it without putting on latex gloves?

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:37 pm

I love when you guys say this shit, you can tell how much it riles punchy up. :lol:

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:37 pm

amlah6 wrote:Shut your hole and respect your elders youngling.

Who the fuck are you pretending to be elderly, ya punk?

Postby ****** » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:02 am

Old Man wrote:Who the fuck are you pretending to be elderly, ya punk?

Compared to the British Teens, we're all elderly.

stingerman

Birdman

Postby stingerman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:48 am

Here's my review:

Terrific issue!

Thought it was great, really did.

While it did read pretty fast I was alright with that as both Secret Invasion and Dark Reign were drawn out. So this pace was more than welcome! Siege being only four issues will most likely be like this, with the rest of the story being told in the tie-ins. To me this only means the tie-ins will be that much better (hopefully).

Gotta love Ares. Did you read his DR mini by Kieron Gillen? If so, you know where I am coming from. Here Bendis continued what I felt Gillen gave us - an Ares we can like! He felt like Maximus from Gladiator to me when rallying the troops! Heck, he more than likely mentored Maximus as Ares is the god of war!

I dug the Sentry stuff as well. We all knew he was the one who could "take on the immortals" when Baldur was speaking to Loki. Still, turning the page and seeing Bob busting through Asgard itself was awesomeness! Then he saves Norman's hide and takes on Thor!

Speaking of the thunder god, guess we know why JMS bid Marvel goodbye, lol. He got HAMMERED! Or so it looks. Add to this the ending with Steve Rogers and the inclusion of Fraction's Invincible Iron Man Stark:Disassembled arc (which has been very good, imo) and we get a hint of the return of Avengers Assemble!

I thought the art was great as well, particularly in the above mentioned pages with Loki and Baldur. Loki looked bad-arse!

Things seem to be moving quick with the Siege of Asgard and I think readers will be rewarded when all is said and done - or destroyed!

Full review: http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/reviews/siege1_review/

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:22 am

doombug wrote:I love when you guys say this shit, you can tell how much it riles punchy up. :lol:

I'm not going to let that happen!

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:53 am

starlord wrote:what are you talking about boy? I don't get upset when everyone bashes DC. If I did I would have hung up on Jude, Topo, and Jswalen after the first podcast. :P

And Punchy, IC at least had a story.

You're lucky I wasn't on your first podcast or I'd throw a hissy fit for not being included! :lol:

This board has seriously gotten pro-Marvel in the last year or so. When I started up here, there was a LOT of Marvel hate. It's gotten much better, though there are still a few people that seem to hate just to hate. On both sides. It's kind of depressing.

PS: I probably wouldn't have had a hissy fit. I just always wonder about my impact on stuff like that.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:10 am

SuperginraiX wrote:You're lucky I wasn't on your first podcast or I'd throw a hissy fit for not being included! :lol:

This board has seriously gotten pro-Marvel in the last year or so. When I started up here, there was a LOT of Marvel hate. It's gotten much better, though there are still a few people that seem to hate just to hate. On both sides. It's kind of depressing.

PS: I probably wouldn't have had a hissy fit. I just always wonder about my impact on stuff like that.

Actually you strike me as level headed about DC and Marvel. Good and bad in both companies.

Not like the other three who throw poo on the name just to fling it. ARRRGGGHHH!

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:11 am

Punchy wrote:I'm not going to let that happen!

how can it when deep down you know we're right. :-)

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:16 am

starlord wrote:how can it when deep down you know we're right. :-)

You really aren't.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 am

Punchy wrote:You really aren't.

okay... sure... whatever you say... :smt056

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:29 am

Why did the Assguardians crash Assguard on Earth again? If they were this unprepared to defend the realm, what the fuck were they thinking?

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:38 am

House of J wrote:Why did the Assguardians crash Assguard on Earth again? If they were this unprepared to defend the realm, what the fuck were they thinking?

actually that's the interesting thing about the misprint, in the link above for the article, there is a link to read the corrected copy on Marvel's crappy crash your system e-reader.

Ares goes into great length as to how they take out Asgard's defenses in the very early seconds of the Siege... That is what Sentry is up to before he swings into Hand Thor his own ass.

I imagine we will see this in an issue of Dark Avengers. Someone maybe the guy above made a statement about the brevity of Siege meaning that possibly the tie-ins mean something this time around.

Chubbles

Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:40 am

I used to have fun fighting off all the OMD haters at the rama. It was a daily occurrence and was fun for awhile. Where did all those DC guys go after the exodus? I hated DC but they were cool guys, most of them.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:46 am

Chubbles wrote:I used to have fun fighting off all the OMD haters at the rama. It was a daily occurrence and was fun for awhile. Where did all those DC guys go after the exodus? I hated DC but they were cool guys, most of them.

I don't know man, we scattered to the nine winds I think. I have friends all over other boards. I just can't do that much browsing. Heck I rarely stop by the Image boards anymore and I love all those guys to death.

leave a comment with facebook