Monday, September 24, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Ban Herald ASAP!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Siege #1 Is On Sale Now!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:29 am

amlah6 wrote:Do I really have to sort through all this shit to find the reviews? :evil:

I can repost mine here if you want to find it.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:44 am

Jubilee wrote:I still have no comics. I'm really gutted. I've been looking forward to this so much.

Twigglet not getting the greatest Bendis event book of all time the week it is being reviewed is the sweetest irony I've ever tasted. :lol:

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:46 am

Jude Terror wrote:Twigglet not getting the greatest Bendis event book of all time the week it is being reviewed is the sweetest irony I've ever tasted. :lol:

I HATE THE SNOW. I HATE THE FUCKING SNOW.

Postby ****** » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:57 am

Punchy wrote:I can repost mine here if you want to find it.

While it did almost get lost between fourthman's dozen or so posts that ran over 1000 words, I managed to find it.

Postby ****** » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:58 am

Jubilee wrote:I still have no comics. I'm really gutted. I've been looking forward to this so much.

God is jealous of your Bendis worship and is punishing you.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:29 am

I think I've liked Dark Reign so much because it's been so different to what's come before. Never before have villains been doing so much so succesfully than right now, it was interesting to see the heroes on the run for so long. Especially the New Avengers.

Especially because heroes v villains just done normally is ever so boring nowadays.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:30 am

Jubilee wrote:I think I've liked Dark Reign so much because it's been so different to what's come before. Never before have villains been doing so much so succesfully than right now, it was interesting to see the heroes on the run for so long. Especially the New Avengers.

Especially because heroes v villains just done normally is ever so boring nowadays.

But the New Avengers have been on the run since Civil War... it was interesting, but a little drug out.

Chubbles

Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:45 am

I think people forget that comic books like those in DC and Marvel especially are meant to be fun escapist hobbies. As fourthman said some people take this shit far too seriously and would rather tear something apart than just enjoy it for what it is.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:53 am

Chubbles wrote:I think people forget that comic books like those in DC and Marvel especially are meant to be fun escapist hobbies. As fourthman said some people take this shit far too seriously and would rather tear something apart than just enjoy it for what it is.

When reviewing you have to take comics somewhat seriously, but there's a balance to be struck.

As I said in my review, event books are a different kettle of fish compared to other books, if the structure or something else is a little off, that's not important, what's important are the big things that happen in the book, and whether you are excited.

Different books need different review criteria, don't go into Siege expecting Asterios Polyp.

Postby ****** » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:45 pm

http://www.theouthousers.com/content/view/6089/176/

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:48 pm

Punchy wrote:When reviewing you have to take comics somewhat seriously, but there's a balance to be struck.

As I said in my review, event books are a different kettle of fish compared to other books, if the structure or something else is a little off, that's not important, what's important are the big things that happen in the book, and whether you are excited.

Different books need different review criteria, don't go into Siege expecting Asterios Polyp.

so let me get this straight...

some comics require a different eye in the review?

cause that would go against what you said the week we did Walt Disney Comics and Stories. :wink:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Amlah's article wrote:Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. Here, you read the reviews and see for yourself and I'll get back to Tales Designed to Thrizzle.

Stop being such a hipster douche and admit to enjoying superhero comics!

Also, you're damn right that it's an outrage that Blackest Night got a higher score on this. I can't believe you people sometimes. You'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:50 pm

:x
asshole

:lol:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:52 pm

thefourthman wrote:so let me get this straight...

some comics require a different eye in the review?

cause that would go against what you said the week we did Walt Disney Comics and Stories. :wink:

A different eye, just not an eye from somebody else's head, like the child's eye you had gouged out and used when reviewing Mickey.

Postby ****** » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Punchy wrote:Stop being such a hipster douche and admit to enjoying superhero comics!

Apparently I have a box filled with all the Drawn & Quarterly Yoshihiro Tatsumi collections waiting for me when I get home. My hipster douche cred is legit. :twisted:

leave a comment with facebook