In May of 2012, DC Comics will release a "Second Wave" of titles as part of its historic DC COMICS-THE NEW 52 initiative.
Six new, ongoing series will build on the shared universe and bold concepts introduced in September 2011 with the renumbering of DC Comics' entire line of comic books.
Featuring a variety of different genres and storytelling sensibilities, the titles in the "Second Wave" will be helmed by some of the most legendary writers and artists in the comic book industry, and will also feature the first ongoing comic book series written by acclaimed novelist China Miéville.
"The excitement of the initial launch of DC COMICS-THE NEW 52 was in seeing the re-imagining of these classic characters and concepts," said Bob Harras, DC Entertainment Editor-in-Chief. "The 'Second Wave' is all about world-building."
DC COMICS-THE NEW 52 "Second Wave" includes:
* BATMAN INCORPORATED - Writer: Grant Morrison. Artist: Chris Burnham. The acclaimed ongoing writer of ACTION COMICS, Grant Morrison, presents a fresh take on BATMAN INCORPORATED, in which the Batman brand is franchised globally in preparation for a major international threat.
* EARTH 2 - Writer: James Robinson. Artist: Nicola Scott. The greatest heroes on a parallel Earth, the Justice Society combats threats that will set them on a collision course with other worlds.
* WORLDS' FINEST - Writer: Paul Levitz. Artists: George Perez and Kevin Maguire. Stranded on our world from a parallel reality, Huntress and Power Girl struggle to find their way back to Earth 2. Perez and Maguire will be the artists on alternating story arcs.
* DIAL H - Writer: China Miéville. Artist: Mateus Santoluoco. The first ongoing series from acclaimed novelist China Miéville, this is a bold new take on a cult classic concept about the psychological effects on an everyman who accidentally gains powers to become a hero.
* G.I. COMBAT - Writer: J.T. Krul. Artist: Ariel Olivetti. Featuring the return of a classic DC Comics series, THE WAR THAT TIME FORGOT, along with rotating back-up stories and creative teams - including THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER, with writers Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti and artist Dan Panosian; and THE HAUNTED TANK, with writer John Arcudi and artist Scott Kolins.
* THE RAVAGERS - Writer: Howard Mackie. Artist: Ian Churchill. Spinning off from TEEN TITANS and SUPERBOY, this series finds four superpowered teens on the run and fighting against the organization that wants to turn them into supervillains.
The six new series will replace BLACKHAWKS, HAWK AND DOVE, MEN OF WAR, MISTER TERRIFIC, O.M.A.C. and STATIC SHOCK, all of which will conclude with their eighth issues in April.
"Many of the characters from our canceled books will appear in DC COMICS-THE NEW 52 titles, and in some very surprising ways," said Harras. "We're developing stories that reach from cultures around the globe to parallel worlds. We're just getting started."
Source: Press Release
Written or Contributed by: LOLtronhttp://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/comics-news/17931-six-new-titles-in-the-second-wave-of-the-nudcu.html/