Wednesday, August 31, 2016 • Morning Edition • "This is not rocket science, people. Get a grip."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Skaar #2 Review

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:41 pm

Skaar, Son of Hulk #2 by Eli Katz.

C20Percent

rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:50 pm

Ha! I was way ahead of EK -- I never picked up issue #1. :D I had a funny feeling this would be trashy.

But yeah, I really wish they wouldn't waste Garney on this book. If Marvel doesn't give him something proper, then I can see Garney bolting for the same reasons as Scott Kolins. To go from ASM to a great Wolverine arc to Skaar is an insult.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:55 pm

I'd love to see him on War of Kings. I think he'd be good on a cosmic title.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:56 pm

C20Percent wrote:Ha! I was way ahead of EK -- I never picked up issue #1. :D I had a funny feeling this would be trashy.

But yeah, I really wish they wouldn't waste Garney on this book. If Marvel doesn't give him something proper, then I can see Garney bolting for the same reasons as Scott Kolins. To go from ASM to a great Wolverine arc to Skaar is an insult.

No kidding. Marvel should be using Garney on top projects, not on trash.

Imagine what Secret Invasion would be if he were drawing it instead of Yu. His style is epic and heroic, and his storytelling is clear. I bet Secret Invasion would actually seem exciting and readable if he were doing the book.

Once Old Man Logan ends, I hope Garney becomes the series regular on Wolverine. He did a fantastic job on the last arc.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:08 pm

Yu is an amazing artist but I agree that his style doesn't fit a huge event.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:17 pm

misac wrote:Yu is an amazing artist but I agree that his style doesn't fit a huge event.

I agree. He's best when he focuses on a single character book. But too many characters, and his work get hard to follow.

I loved his New Avengers covers and double splash pages, but I had trouble following his layouts. The characters were cluttered. His death of Cap issue with Wolverine and DD was awesome, however. Just a few characters, with straightforward action scenes -- he's the best!

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:21 pm

I'd like to see him on Iron Fist or Heroes for Hire.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:24 pm

misac wrote:I'd like to see him on Iron Fist or Heroes for Hire.

He'd be amazing on Iron Fist. That's a great idea!

C20Percent

rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:03 pm

Yu = No Delays

Marvel needs that for Secret Invasion.

leave a comment with facebook