Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not ComicsAlliance!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Space Knight!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:06 am

I'm sure I will be disappointed... but damn it, now I'm interested...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31178

The audience howled with laughter as the attendee that followed made a plea which seems to come with every comic convention – will the licensed character Rom ever be seen in a Marvel comic again?

Bendis was the panelist who would also tackle this, albeit a bit more seriously than the previous inquiry. "I'll tell you this: In 'Avengers' #12.1 drawn by Bryan Hitch -- it's almost double-sized for $2.99 coming out in April… Space Knight." Fans looked at one another in a surprised fashion, but the architect wouldn't expand on that answer.

I really like like the Rom comic back in the day... :-(

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:26 am

Probably talkin about Ikon who made her appearance in The Annihilators. Her armor looks like it was designed after Rom's.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:28 am

MistaT wrote:Probably talkin about Ikon who made her appearance in The Annihilators. Her armor looks like it was designed after Rom's.

:cry:

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:53 am

Can't they just do a slight redesign, call the character 'Space Knight", give him ROM's history and market it? :smt102

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:09 am

Sweet James Jones wrote:Can't they just do a slight redesign, call the character 'Space Knight", give him ROM's history and market it? :smt102

Besides, does the toy company really have the trademark on the name anyways? After all they named him ROM after the computer term for Read Only Memory. So it's wasn't their's to begin with.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:28 am

I dug Rom the Spaceknight.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:40 am

Strict31 wrote:I dug Rom the Spaceknight.

He dug you too.

He didn't even have anything stabby either.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:48 am

sdsichero wrote:
He dug you too.

He didn't even have anything stabby either.

The wraiths did. They would stab you in the forehead with their drill-tongues.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:48 am

Man knew how to make an entrance!

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:04 am

I'm getting a FS ROM statue made!

Just like this one.

Helder is GOD! (Well, right next to Bowen..)

So fucking awesome!!

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:24 am

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 pm

The Mouse needs to buy Rom from the present holders. That way we can get shitty Bendis comics plus a good cartoon based off of the original comic and a fun movie based on the original comic... unless Michael Bay gets the job to make it.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:37 pm

They've referenced Rom before. They just haven't called him ROM. I think they renamed him Autour and then blew up his ship.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:31 pm

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/17/ ... ansformer/

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Schlemmer wrote:http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/17/will-idw-bring-back-rom-the-space-knight-as-a-transformer/

:-(

I mean I like IDW... but I liked the ROM series (and how he interacted with the rest of the MU)...

leave a comment with facebook