Advertisement

Spider-Man and the NY Post

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Spider-Man and the NY Post

Postby MoneyMelon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:36 pm

The NY Post had an article on the Spidey/MJ thing today.

I always laugh when the NY Post has a piece on Spidey, since they're the real-life Daily Bugle. :-D

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Advertisement

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:41 pm

what did the article say, out of curiosity?

Joe Q A Menace to Society!

:?

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:44 pm

starlord wrote:what did the article say, out of curiosity?

Joe Q A Menace to Society!

:?

Here's the article.......it's just a quick thing about yesterday's Spidey issue but in the paper it took up a full page because they printed some art.

It's mainly about the issue and how the fans aren't happy about it.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12292007/ne ... 153114.htm

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:22 am

well, I can't blame the fans at all. Both of those quotes were right on the money, in my opinion.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:58 am

starlord wrote:well, I can't blame the fans at all. Both of those quotes were right on the money, in my opinion.

I've been reading Amazing Spider-Man for over 20 years and this is the first time I've ever dropped it :cry:

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:03 am

If I hadn't dropped comics altogether about two years back, I'd be dropping ASM right now.

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:15 am

I agree that this one hurts like nothing else before it. At the same time, what Joe Q has done to Peter hurts even more. :cry:

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:17 am

starlord wrote:I agree that this one hurts like nothing else before it. At the same time, what Joe Q has done to Peter hurts even more. :cry:

You know, it's weird. I don't feel hurt, anymore than I felt hurt when Cap died. Both are huge impacts in comics, both are something I feel resonates in my own life.... and yet, both are so blatantly temporary, I just cannot muster the ability to care. :cry:

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:56 am

Well, after 30 years of reading comics, I know that everything is temporary. I'm not sure what part of it makes me mad. Perhaps it's the fact that besides the protest of tons of fans, Joe is doing it because he has publicly admited that he never liked the marraige to begin with. In that case, it just seems like a selfish move.

Maybe if he had sold it as "another chapter in the never ending love story that is Peter and Mary Jane", and kept his personal feelings out of the mix, I could have accepted it better.

Or, maybe I'm just getting old and crankey.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:59 am

MoneyMelon wrote:I've been reading Amazing Spider-Man for over 20 years and this is the first time I've ever dropped it :cry:

I've been reading for over 20 years as well. This is the second time I've dropped Spidey. First time was after the Clone Saga.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:05 am

simpler times... :cry:

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Daniel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:11 am

starlord wrote:Image

simpler times... :cry:

And better art. :P

Oh how JRSR could draw... :)
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand