Advertisement

FF #10 (Spoilers Ahoy)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Liked in: 0 post

FF #10 (Spoilers Ahoy)

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:56 pm

I thought this was a pretty decent issue, if not an exactly momentous one. The idea of Eldac sending Reed, Nathaniel, and Peter where they needed to be instead of just where they wanted to go may have been a somewhat trite plot device, but Hickman made it work here and it made for some nice scenes. I particularly liked the scene with Nathaniel and the last remaining Alternate Reed.

The teased scenes of future conflict though performed their jobs well. Ronan and Crystal's Kree Fleet on the way to Earth, ostensibly to overthrow the Inhumans, gave me the nerdy giggles, whilst the arrival of The Thing with several of The Avengers to help fight in the Five City War was a nice cliffhanger.

This was a nice issue to bring everyone back together, but on the whole it didn't really do a whole lot. It did, however, set up the next phase of this story, which I assume will see the arrival of the Annihilation Wave, since the Kree are going to be on the move.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: FF #10 (Spoilers Ahoy)

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:04 pm

I loved this issue! It was one of my favorite Hickman issues to date, I even liked how it made Ronan and Crystal a little more understandable. I really liked how the family is coming back together, and the lack of kids in this issue made my day. Maybe the split will leave the Fantastic Four book readable without the kids in the other book.

In a way, it bore out a lot of what I've been saying about how dysfunctional the family has become, Sue being the only smart one, Nathaniel being untrustworthy, and even the need to bring in some of the larger superhero community to deal with what they're up against.

I was actually thinking Nathaniel would turn out to be the other Reed's father but turns out not to be the case.

Steve, Tony, and Clinton the last page, that was cool.
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Damn, this was good.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:06 pm

I hope Ronan kicks Black Bolts ass.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:32 pm

A good issue, certainly better than the last few. This was probably down to the fact that we’ve moved beyond the massive cosmic war that Hickman never properly explained and instead moved onto some more down-to-earth and interesting character stuff. There was still a bit of cosmic silliness with Ronan and Crystal, those scenes were just… odd, I have no idea what Ronan’s motives are here, has he turned on Black Bolt or what? But the scenes between Reed and Sue and Evil Reed and Nathaniel were good enough to make up for it. Plus Hickman remembered that the Thing existed! Yay! Good to have the big lug back, especially when he’s brought Captain America, Iron Man and Hawkeye along with him, they’ll cut through all the bullshit and sort this stuff out I’m sure. Barry Kitson’s art was great too, he’s always good.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 131 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:36 pm

I no longer have any idea what's going on in this book nor why I'm still reading it.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand