Advertisement

DC Spoils Own Green Lantern Crossover Event

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post

Postby LOLtron » Thu May 09, 2013 11:00 am

Green Lantern Corps #20 features an epilogue for "Wrath of the First Lantern," the Green Lantern crossover event that doesn't end for another two weeks.

Somewhere out there in the multiverse, there is a version of Earth where the entire human race evolved with vanilla pudding instead of neural matter for brains, and we're pretty sure that DC's entire executive team is slowly being replaced by pudding-brained dopplegangers from this alternate reality. DC's latest massive screw-up occurred yesterday, when the company shipped Green Lantern Corps #20, which spoils the ending of their "Wrath of the First Lantern" crossover, the final issue of which, Green Lantern #20, won't ship for another two weeks. Bleeding Cool was helpful enough to photoshop all the spoilers out of the page if you want to head over there, download it, print it out, and insert it into your copy so you can read the book without being spoiled.

Here at The Outhouse, however, we decided to get to the bottom of this. Why can't DC manage something as simple as publishing their books in the chronological order in which they should be read? We barged into a meeting of DC's top brass to ask the question.

"The Outhouse!" barked DC head honcho Dan Didio. "Get them out of here!"

You know you're really blacklisted when DC executives won't even talk to you in a made up conversation.

"What about Green Lantern Corps #20?" we protested. "Do you have any comment?"

"No comment!" shouted an angry Geoff Johns, Chief Creative Officer.

"Any truth to the rumor that your executives are being replaced by pudding-brained dopplegangers from an alternate dimension?" we pressed.

"That's ridiculous!" Didio answered, motioning to some DC goons who sprung into action to eject us from the building. But, before we could be removed, we pulled out our ace card: a squeaky rubber dog toy shaped like a t-bone steak. As we squeezed the toy, we noticed Editor in Chief Bob Harras's ears perk up. Clearly we had his attention.

"Whooosa good boy?" we asked, as Harras's eyes widened. "Whooooooooosa good boy? Whoooo wantsa treat?!"

"Stop him!" Johns demanded, but it was too late. We tossed the rubber steak onto DC's conference table, and it squeaked delightfully as it bounced right in front of Harras.

'HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" chortled Harras, clapping his hands together awkwardly. He was able to actually connect with about 60% of the claps. Clearly, our suspicions were correct. Bob Harras has pudding for brains. How long before DC's other execs are replaced as well? For some, might it be an improvement?

This is an important issue that could have serious ramifications for the comic book industry and the future of DC Comics. The Outhouse will keep you updated.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

HNutz
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 2 posts

Re: DC Spoils Own Green Lantern Crossover Event

Postby HNutz » Thu May 09, 2013 11:29 am

It's not just DC (but that's pretty bad).

Marvel managed to spoil All New X-Men (one of the OG X-Men left and joined Cyclops' team, but they didn't say who it was in that issue) in Uncanny X-Men (the issue that came out the same week as ANX showed the X-Man in question).

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu May 09, 2013 11:31 am

HNutz wrote:It's not just DC (but that's pretty bad).

Marvel managed to spoil All New X-Men (one of the OG X-Men left and joined Cyclops' team, but they didn't say who it was in that issue) in Uncanny X-Men (the issue that came out the same week as ANX showed the X-Man in question).

That was on purpose though, they want people to read both in that order.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Thu May 09, 2013 11:52 am

This is nothing.

The real story should be on how they miscolored J'Onn J'Onnzz to look like Batman in JLA #3 this week.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby misac » Thu May 09, 2013 11:56 am

:lol: :lol:

e_galston
Staff Writer

Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu May 09, 2013 12:04 pm

HNutz wrote:It's not just DC (but that's pretty bad).

yeah like punchy said that was kind of on purpose... You saw two sides of the story. Whereas in GLC you have the ending of a story that won't be out for a couple weeks spoiled...

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Thu May 09, 2013 12:22 pm

e_galston wrote:
yeah like punchy said that was kind of on purpose... You saw two sides of the story. Whereas in GLC you have the ending of a story that won't be out for a couple weeks spoiled...

From the cover it was kind of obvious ("epilogue" being the dead give away) that it was out of order. Easy enough for me to leave it unopened for another couple weeks.

The only thing spoiled for me is that the characters on the cover survive (which isn't a shock as they're on the covers of future solicitations).

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Thu May 09, 2013 12:50 pm

And DC's response to it all..

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Thu May 09, 2013 1:29 pm

Fitting end to one of the worst crossovers in a long time.

First Lantern = :smt015

At least John got to bang Fatality (with Mogo watching :groucho: ) and Guy saved his family.

I'll miss Tomasi on GLC. :cry:

Zechs
Staff Writer

Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu May 09, 2013 1:45 pm

GOSD wrote:Fitting end to one of the worst crossovers in a long time.

First Lantern = :smt015

At least John got to bang Fatality (with Mogo watching :groucho: ) and Guy saved his family.

I peaked. That felt so wrong but hilarous that Mogo watched. EW. Though the Guy doing stuff with his family was the best part of the book. Like smacking that Aquaman cut-out and throwing the idiot with the Ipad into the movie screen.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu May 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Somewhere out there in the multiverse, there is a version of Earth where the entire human race evolved with vanilla pudding instead of neural matter for brains, and we're pretty sure that DC's entire executive team is slowly being replaced by pudding-brained dopplegangers from this alternate reality. DC's latest massive screw-up occurred

They're called "Red States"

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu May 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Amoebas wrote:This is nothing.

The real story should be on how they miscolored J'Onn J'Onnzz to look like Batman in JLA #3 this week.

The fact that you may be serious about this makes it even worse.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Herald
WTF is this rank?

Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Thu May 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Amoebas wrote:This is nothing.

Thank god I wasn't the only one that noticed that. I was very confused for a minute.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Plenty of great stuff
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 5 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu May 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Somewhere out there in the multiverse, there is a version of Earth where the entire human race evolved with vanilla pudding instead of neural matter for brains, and we're pretty sure that DC's entire executive team is slowly being replaced by pudding-brained dopplegangers from this alternate reality. DC's latest massive screw-up occurred

Juan Cena wrote:
They're called "Blue States"

Fixed.
Last edited by The Old Doctor on Thu May 09, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand