Sunday, December 16, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Outhouser?! We barely know her!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Op-Ed On Stan Lee: Don't Make Me Be That Guy

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:16 pm

timmidura wrote:
Of course I know what I did. And why did I have to be the one who wrote it? Because every other comics site out there is writing canned puff pieces about an infallible god.

Interesting how, every time you do this, THIS comics site responds negatively. Asking you to stop. Asking that you stop representing us. Etc.

Maybe there's a lesson there.

timmidura

luchadore

Postby timmidura » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:30 pm

HNutz wrote:
Interesting how, every time you do this, THIS comics site responds negatively. Asking you to stop. Asking that you stop representing us. Etc.

Maybe there's a lesson there.

I represent you? That’s funny. Last I checked, I pay for The Outhouse out of my pocket. If I didn’t, The Outhouse would cease to exist.

I love that there’s a petition to remove me. If anyone else wants to pay $120 a month for you all to have a place to shit talk, PayPal me.

doomedhuh

Inhouser

Postby doomedhuh » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:43 am

I think its hard to negate his contributions when the '60s Marvel Comics are all oozing with Stan's personality.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:04 am

Last time I checked its a free world and there is still a thing called freedom of speech. Likewise, some may say, you know its too soon and they are not wrong either. So chill, relax. It should not be member vs member.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:46 am

timmidura wrote:
I represent you? That’s funny. Last I checked, I pay for The Outhouse out of my pocket. If I didn’t, The Outhouse would cease to exist.

Yeah, every time you post an article as an official writer of the site, you're representing us. Is that really a shock?

And when EVERYONE dislikes your work, maybe the problem isn't with us.

I love that there’s a petition to remove me. If anyone else wants to pay $120 a month for you all to have a place to shit talk, PayPal me.

And if everyone is pushed away, turned off by your ghoulish articles, where does that leave us? It's hard to ask for donations when your audience doesn't care for your content.

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:03 am

chap22 wrote:
What people here, at the Outhouse of all places, do you really think don't know all of that already? Do you think we all haven't had that exact conversation, on this very board among other places, probably a hundred times before? Moreover, why do you think YOU have to be the guy to say it? Your own title for this thread admits you know you're being a dick and going out of your way to piss on the man's grave while the body's barely cold. Does this give you some unearned sense of self-importance? Raising an unnecessary, and more pointedly, unoriginal argument right at the moment when nobody else cares to hear or discuss it?

It's a dick move, Tim, plain and simple. And you knew it when you did it. So knock off all the faux "Y U MAD\what would you have me do?" hogswallop.

This. I’m a big Kirby guy. I think he got screwed along with Ditko, and the rest of Marvel’s bullpen.
Any comic worth his salt knows Stan Lee got more credit than he deserved.

However he also in the last couple decades I think he’s gotten a lot less credit than he deserved from a certain aspect of comic fans. The pendulum has swung in the opposite direction in an effort to balance the scales.

Either way this an old ass debate. Who did what? Who created what? etc etc. It will happen again and again but maybe we can hold off on it till Stan Lee’s body is cold yeah?

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:14 am

LiamA wrote:Hitler is the only person you can bad mouth in death.

Wait until Trump dies.

Mojo Ichiruto

Rain Partier

Postby Mojo Ichiruto » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:15 am

This was a bullshit article written by a bullshit excuse for a human being.

We all know the Stan Lee stories both good and bad, move the fuck on already.

Did he get more credit than he was due, I'll say this, "does it really matter?" Because I will tell you definitely that there is, was, and never will be another person good or bad that did as much for the comic book industry as Stan Lee did. If he had not been in the position he was in back then there probably wouldn't be a Marvel Comics as we know it right now.

Stripedsquirrel

Inhouser

Postby Stripedsquirrel » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:52 am

Not the time for anti-Stan articles if you care at all about not coming off as an obnoxious neckbeard prick, as bad as many of those this site has railed against in the past. You want to take the high moral ground against bullies in the comics industry? You might want to stop posting things like this.

Think before you post about the recently deceased, it's really not too much to ask.

timmidura

luchadore

Postby timmidura » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:38 pm

HNutz wrote:
Yeah, every time you post an article as an official writer of the site, you're representing us. Is that really a shock?

And if everyone is pushed away, turned off by your ghoulish articles, where does that leave us? It's hard to ask for donations when your audience doesn't care for your content.

Don't care for my content? Don't read it. Like it or not, I'm currently running The Outhouse.

As I said before, I'll keep footing the monthly bill so you have a place to trash talk me.

timmidura

luchadore

Postby timmidura » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Stripedsquirrel wrote:Not the time for anti-Stan articles if you care at all about not coming off as an obnoxious neckbeard prick, as bad as many of those this site has railed against in the past. You want to take the high moral ground against bullies in the comics industry? You might want to stop posting things like this.

Think before you post about the recently deceased, it's really not too much to ask.

Nothing in this article was bullying. It's simple facts. Stan isn't the golden god everyone makes him out to be.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:11 pm

timmidura wrote:
Nothing in this article was bullying. It's simple facts. Stan isn't the golden god everyone makes him out to be.

This is a placeholder for a response to be entered at a later time.

timmidura

luchadore

Postby timmidura » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:57 pm

TL;DR

I think a website such as Comicbook.com writing 70 clickbait articles in the wake of Stan's death is far more offensive than anything I've done at The Outhouse.

Puff pieces that only glorify heroes are worse than humanizing heroes. People aren't one-sided.

The articles that I write aren't representative of every forum member on the site. I don't represent you. I represent me.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

casbyness

Bron-Yur Stomper

Postby casbyness » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:29 pm

From the recent movie 'First Man' -

Buzz Aldrin: "Oh come on, I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking!"

Neil Armstrong: "Yeah. But...maybe you shouldn't."

:roll: :roll: :roll:

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:28 pm

HNutz wrote:

Representing us? I think that's a tad melodramatic. It was an opinion piece. Nothing more, nothing less.

leave a comment with facebook