Wednesday, December 12, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Putting the yellow back into journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Op-Ed On Stan Lee: Don't Make Me Be That Guy

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:58 pm

timmidura wrote:
You’re right. I should’ve just posted a picture of me meeting Stan and called it a day.

Fuck off with that shit, seriously.

Anyone with half a brain or any basic knowledge of comics knows that Stan was CO creator, putting CO in big letters. Even a decade before his passing he said he truly regretted how his relationship with Kirby ended and had spent time actually making sure to specifically give credit to his co creators.

I'm not a huge fan of the marvel style of scripting, I think it's lazy. I'm a huge fan of collaboration. It's how I work with my artists on webcomic and I constantly try to give credit where credit is due because of the mistakes our fore fathers in the industry made.

Also people grieve differently. A large majority of friends that I have or people that I follow on social media share huge personal stories and their connection to Stan with the selfies and or meeting Stan. From Scott Lobdell to Dan Slott to Jenna Busch (not george's daughter but the awesome one who did cocktails with stan lee which was a fantastic webseries) to even cosplayer friends of mine. They all shared incredibly personal stories of the man Stan was to them.

Anyone with half a brain knows the guy fucked up but he was also a large factor into how comics are seen in the pop culture lexicon and how these characters have staying power.

I honestly cannot believe with how much of a dick you are that Simian and Nieto just brush it off and let you continue to slowly kill everything about this site.
User avatar

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:01 pm

Eric Ratcliffe wrote:Fuck off with that shit, seriously.

Anyone with half a brain or any basic knowledge of comics knows that Stan was CO creator, putting CO in big letters. Even a decade before his passing he said he truly regretted how his relationship with Kirby ended and had spent time actually making sure to specifically give credit to his co creators.

I'm not a huge fan of the marvel style of scripting, I think it's lazy. I'm a huge fan of collaboration. It's how I work with my artists on webcomic and I constantly try to give credit where credit is due because of the mistakes our fore fathers in the industry made.

Also people grief differently. A large majority of friends that I have or people that I follow on social media share huge personal stories and their connection to Stan with the selfies and or meeting Stan. From Scott Lobdell to Dan Slott to Jenna Busch (not george's daughter but the awesome one who did cocktails with stan lee which was a fantastic webseries) to even cosplayer friends of mine. They all shared incredibly personal stories of the man Stan was to them.

Anyone with half a brain knows the guy fucked up but he was also a large factor into how comics are seen in the pop culture lexicon and how these characters have staying power.

I honestly cannot believe with how much of a dick you are that Simian and Nieto just brush it off and let you continue to slowly kill everything about this site.

Ah, leave him be. There's something clearly wrong with that guy.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 pm

Wait, does Simian not own the site anymore? because if that's the case I guess I'm done posting here and helping an asshat like Tim keep a place I used to love supporting and giving content to attention.

I used to love posting on the boards too but man, while I didn't find a lot of what Jude did funny and or tasteful I never found it malicious. So much of the shit you've done man seems like someone who had a bad experience with their favorite creator and they've decided to make all of entertainment suffer for it.
User avatar

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:53 pm

Stan Lee was no Bob Kane, living off the glory of a single character largely invented by Bill Finger. Stan |Lee had enormous creative influence on Marvel comics and the characters that he helped to create. He was also a charismatic guy making him a good front man. Yeah, he wasn't perfect but this wouldn't be the Outhouse without Tim Midura taking the opportunity to piss on the grave of a dead legend.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:51 pm

zryson wrote:
Representing us? I think that's a tad melodramatic. It was an opinion piece. Nothing more, nothing less.


No, it was a needless and tasteless hatchet job written when the body wasn't even in the ground yet in a sad, pathetic cry for attention. Nothing more.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:08 am

chap22 wrote:
No, it was a needless and tasteless hatchet job written when the body wasn't even in the ground yet in a sad, pathetic cry for attention. Nothing more.


It was an opinion piece and last time I checked opinions are individual. I think more than anything else it may just be the timing rather the context of what was in the opinion piece itself but death does tend to be a polarizing topic.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:11 am

StrongStyleFiction wrote:Stan Lee was no Bob Kane, living off the glory of a single character largely invented by Bill Finger. Stan |Lee had enormous creative influence on Marvel comics and the characters that he helped to create. He was also a charismatic guy making him a good front man. Yeah, he wasn't perfect but this wouldn't be the Outhouse without Tim Midura taking the opportunity to piss on the grave of a dead legend.


Bob Kane... Everything was revealed in the rather brilliant Batman and Bill (if people havent watched it, go see it because it shows just how slimy the comic industry can be.)
User avatar

Godzylla

Tip Top Dancer

Postby Godzylla » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:52 pm

This was factual and respectful. I have no problem with it.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Image
User avatar

chalwa

Mad Hatter

Postby chalwa » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:34 am

Don’t worry about it, Tim. Chump22 wants it to be an echo-chamber in here with his the only voice. And he calls you an attention seeker!
Damn! That rooks balls he knows he doesn’t have!
Good article that might retread old ground but nonetheless is a solid opinion piece.
Chump22 can go try to suck his own dick again. He’s the only one who would.
User avatar

chalwa

Mad Hatter

Postby chalwa » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:40 am

zryson wrote:
It was an opinion piece and last time I checked opinions are individual. I think more than anything else it may just be the timing rather the context of what was in the opinion piece itself but death does tend to be a polarizing topic.


Wah! Someone did something I didn’t like! -Sniffle-
Take your ball and go home, son. You spend too much time on here anyway.
Perhaps go outdoors and enjoy nature with someone who loves you!
Oh, wait...
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:44 am

Lools, I still don't know why chlawa's panties get so bunched over little ol' me, but I do find humor in his pathetic tantrums. Especially since he's talking completely out of his ass. :lol:

PROTIP: "opinion pieces" generally contain/present at least one opinion held by the author. This hatchet job is just a recitation of already-known facts presented in a slanted fashion (i.e. with no contrary counterpoint facts) to throw shade on a recently deceased celebrity. I mean sure, Tim's opinion of Stan is pretty clear from how he constructed it, but he never once actually states a single opinion in it.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:54 am

chalwa wrote:Don’t worry about it, Tim. Chump22 wants it to be an echo-chamber in here with his the only voice. And he calls you an attention seeker!
Damn! That rooks balls he knows he doesn’t have!
Good article that might retread old ground but nonetheless is a solid opinion piece.
Chump22 can go try to suck his own dick again. He’s the only one who would.

who in the hell are you? :lol:
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:37 am

timmidura wrote:I think a website such as Comicbook.com writing 70 clickbait articles in the wake of Stan's death is far more offensive than anything I've done at The Outhouse.


Here's an article you may have missed.

Comic Book Industry Reacts To Bill Maher Dissing Stan Lee And Comic Books

Also, given the responses to SEVERAL of your articles, I think you're wrong.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:48 am

zryson wrote:
It was an opinion piece and last time I checked opinions are individual. I think more than anything else it may just be the timing rather the context of what was in the opinion piece itself but death does tend to be a polarizing topic.


It's an "opinion piece" without any ACTUAL opinions (as chap noted above) from the guy in charge of The Outhouse, published through LOLTRON, as opposed to a post in the forums with only his name on it... How much more official does it have to be?

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests