Friday, December 14, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Op-Ed On Stan Lee: Don't Make Me Be That Guy

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:52 am

HNutz wrote:
It's an "opinion piece" without any ACTUAL opinions (as chap noted above) from the guy in charge of The Outhouse, published through LOLTRON, as opposed to a post in the forums with only his name on it... How much more official does it have to be?

Are you arguing with the bot again?

P.S. The piece was referred to as an OpEd by the author. OpEds are written to represent the official position of the publication/organization.

Commentaries/columns are authors' personal opinion.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:26 am

HNutz wrote:
It's an "opinion piece" without any ACTUAL opinions (as chap noted above) from the guy in charge of The Outhouse, published through LOLTRON, as opposed to a post in the forums with only his name on it... How much more official does it have to be?

If he's in charge of the Outhouse the guy could publish a list of his chores because he is paying the bills. Think of it another way H - if you go to a person's house do you tell them how to live their life/what they can and cannot do? What about if you go to a shop do you demand that the person paying to keep that store open turn down the loud music because you might object to it? Of course not. So why should it be any different here? Tim forks out the dollars to keep the site going. Now I know some people are upset by his opinion piece but do you really want him to not publish any more articles? Exactly what was so shocking in the article to begin with? Its sort of like watching cable TV. There are many channels - so why watch or listen to something you might not enjoy when you can do something else? If this article isnt for you - click on any number of other articles on the Outhouse and enjoy those instead.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:13 pm

zryson wrote:Now I know some people are upset by his opinion piece but do you really want him to not publish any more articles?

Sure, why not?

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:45 pm

zryson wrote:
If he's in charge of the Outhouse the guy could publish a list of his chores because he is paying the bills. Think of it another way H - if you go to a person's house do you tell them how to live their life/what they can and cannot do? What about if you go to a shop do you demand that the person paying to keep that store open turn down the loud music because you might object to it? Of course not. So why should it be any different here? Tim forks out the dollars to keep the site going. Now I know some people are upset by his opinion piece but do you really want him to not publish any more articles? Exactly what was so shocking in the article to begin with? Its sort of like watching cable TV. There are many channels - so why watch or listen to something you might not enjoy when you can do something else? If this article isnt for you - click on any number of other articles on the Outhouse and enjoy those instead.

You nor your server farm reside in the U.S. yet you/the rotating team of spammers who use the 'zryson' log-on are constantly berating the US for many things and constantly telling us that our citizens are obsessed with things that frankly we are not. :lol:

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:09 pm

zryson wrote:If he's in charge of the Outhouse the guy could publish a list of his chores because he is paying the bills.

Arranging tech support didn't apparently make his list.

Think of it another way H - if you go to a person's house do you tell them how to live their life/what they can and cannot do?

If you're at someone's house and they're being hateful towards someone, if they're being racist or sexist or whathaveyou, would you just sit there and nod approvingly? Or would you speak up?

What about if you go to a shop do you demand that the person paying to keep that store open turn down the loud music because you might object to it? Of course not. So why should it be any different here?

Because there's a page here asking us to contribute to the costs of the site? Why should I financially contribute to something I dislike/someone whose judgement I question?

If you act like a jerk and ask me for money, do you think I'm going to help you out?

Would you contribute to the Republican Party even though you dislike Trump?

Why is this any different?

Tim forks out the dollars to keep the site going. Now I know some people are upset by his opinion piece but do you really want him to not publish any more articles?

If the only options are "don't post any more articles" and "keep posting articles like the one about Burt Reynolds the day he died and the one about Steve Ditko faking his death", I know what side I'm leaning towards.

Or he could listen to his audience when they say (and keep saying) "Not cool. This person just died."

And, with the membership here not exactly growing, why alienate the people who've stuck around?

Exactly what was so shocking in the article to begin with? Its sort of like watching cable TV. There are many channels - so why watch or listen to something you might not enjoy when you can do something else? If this article isnt for you - click on any number of other articles on the Outhouse and enjoy those instead.

It's kinda hard to know if an article is for you until you read it.

Your TV channel comparison falls kinda flat. It's like saying "Don't watch x channel if you don't like it even though all the channels have the same listing". All the articles come from LOLTRON. We don't know who's writing the article until we open it.

And most of the people here don't like what's been going on.

There's a reason for that.

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:16 pm

Why was the "Help Save the Outhouse" thread locked?

#RIPOuthouse

:cry:

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:29 pm

HNutz wrote:
Arranging tech support didn't apparently make his list.

If you're at someone's house and they're being hateful towards someone, if they're being racist or sexist or whathaveyou, would you just sit there and nod approvingly? Or would you speak up?

Because there's a page here asking us to contribute to the costs of the site? Why should I financially contribute to something I dislike/someone whose judgement I question?

If you act like a jerk and ask me for money, do you think I'm going to help you out?

Would you contribute to the Republican Party even though you dislike Trump?

Why is this any different?

If the only options are "don't post any more articles" and "keep posting articles like the one about Burt Reynolds the day he died and the one about Steve Ditko faking his death", I know what side I'm leaning towards.

Or he could listen to his audience when they say (and keep saying) "Not cool. This person just died."

And, with the membership here not exactly growing, why alienate the people who've stuck around?

It's kinda hard to know if an article is for you until you read it.

Your TV channel comparison falls kinda flat. It's like saying "Don't watch x channel if you don't like it even though all the channels have the same listing". All the articles come from LOLTRON. We don't know who's writing the article until we open it.

And most of the people here don't like what's been going on.

There's a reason for that.

So now Tim is supposed to fork out even more money to keep you and others happy? I think that's a little rich don't you? Just how much money is he supposed to spend? He's already forking out alot of money to keep the Outhouse running. Again freedom of speech still exists and there was nothing in his article that was offensive. I think it was more a case of people having their feathers ruffled by the timing more than anything he said.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:34 pm

chap22 wrote:
Sure, why not?

Why should he stop posting articles if he is using his own money to keep the website running? It would be pretty insulting to just expect somebody to fork out money but not have their own say don't you think? Simply put, if people dont like his articles then click on a different thread or visit another website.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:39 pm

TheLurker wrote:Why was the "Help Save the Outhouse" thread locked?

#RIPOuthouse

There were several members attacking other members so why should the thread be left open for others to do it?

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:52 pm

But that was forum members expressing their opinions, z-bot. You yourself are a proponent of everyone having the right to do that.

TheLurker wrote:Why was the "Help Save the Outhouse" thread locked?

#RIPOuthouse

It wasn't until Zechs went a tad off the rails on me and insulting me over not knowing that he is the tech contact.
Were forum members advised that he is the tech contact? If so, I missed that post or topic. Can someone please point me to it? Is everyone else aware of this ??
Were site Contributors advised that he is the tech contact via our in-house email list? NO, we weren't.
If folks like myself don't use Facebook or Twitter, then we don't have access to those methods of contact as well. Sounds to me like communications around here are quite uneven. And frankly would I or anyone now want to advise Zechs of potential site errors if he's going to keep acting like some arrogant prick when we do? :smt102

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:55 pm

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:52 am

Bill Maher actually said something worse. :shock:

The Comics Industry Reacts to Bill Maher's Stan Lee Comments

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:42 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Bill Maher actually said something worse. :shock:

The Comics Industry Reacts to Bill Maher's Stan Lee Comments

Sounds like she's talking directly to Tim.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:44 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:But that was forum members expressing their opinions, z-bot. You yourself are a proponent of everyone having the right to do that.

I guess he's only okay with people expressing their opinions as long as they agree with him.

What's the word for that again? ;)

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Nobody seems to be taking the time to step back and realize that he had to write this article because literally nobody else was. Except for Bill Maher...and fuck that guy. If he didn't write this article, than for a week, the entire comic book community may have stopped acting like total shit heels to one another so that they can mourn the loss of a man that (despite what you may or may not think of him personally and/or professionally) had more to do with that thing that we all have in common and love than they' do probably like to admit.

So yeah...you know...show a little respect or what have you.

leave a comment with facebook