Advertisement

NYCC: Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi by Ostrander and Duursema

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:37 pm

NYCC: Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi by Ostrander and DuursemaDark Horse takes readers back to the beginning of the Jedi at New York Comic Con!

October 14, New York, NY— Direct from New York Comic Con, Dark Horse Comics announces its most exciting Star Wars title for 2012! A brand-new series that establishes the beginnings of the Jedi!

Series creators John Ostrander and Jan Duursema have gone from the future of Star Wars (Legacy) to the beginnings of that galaxy far, far away to reveal the mythic age of the Jedi's origin.  This is the Star Wars era of legend!  Launching with a #0 issue, which will serve as the official guide for readers -Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi is the perfect jumping on point for any fan of Star Wars!

Here's your first look at the Star Wars of 25,000 years ago—before there were lightsabers, when the ties to the Force were new, and before the Jedi spread out into the galaxy.  It began with the mysterious pyramid ships—the Tho Yor—scattered to the eight corners of the galaxy, and ended with the establishment of an Order that would change the universe forever.

On the planet Tython, in the center of the galaxy, an order of warrior monks strives to maintain peace and to balance the mysterious power known as the Force. But a stranger is coming—one who will destroy both peace and balance, and open the galaxy to exploration and conquest. This is where it all begins!

Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi #0 is on sale 1 February 2012

Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi—Force Storm #1 is on sale 15 February 2012

Source: Press Release
Written or Contributed by: LOLtron

http://173.199.169.70/index.php/news/convention-news/16683-nycc-star-wars-dawn-of-the-jedi-by-ostrander-and-duursema.html/
Last edited by fieldy snuts on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: JFusion Discussion Bot UPDATE

Advertisement

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 268 posts

Re: Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi by Ostrander and Duursema

Postby GHERU » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:40 pm

sounds cool
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 511 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:34 pm

I'm not very interested in that time period, but I really love that creative team. Damnit.

Well, I didn't think they could make Legacy work but they did... so I guess I will try it.
Image Image Image ImageImage

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Honestly, I'd love to read a Stormtrooper book by Ennis. He did a one-off issue a while back and it was surprisingly deep.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:18 pm

I wish Ostrander had more time with Legacy. It was such a good book.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Sounds cool.
Might be nice to enjoy something star wars related.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:36 pm

I'll definitely check this out. I really liked their work on Legacy so I have faith this will be good as well.

covalesky
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 1 post

Postby covalesky » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:13 am

Awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome!!!!!!

I've said it time and time again, the origin of the Jedi / Sith or the story of the first force sensitive intelligent being had to be done and none better than Ostrander / Duursema. It will be glorious.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 511 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:53 am

covalesky wrote:Awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome!!!!!!

I've said it time and time again, the origin of the Jedi / Sith or the story of the first force sensitive intelligent being had to be done and none better than Ostrander / Duursema. It will be glorious.

I hope they stay as much away from Midichlorians as they can.
Image Image Image ImageImage

covalesky
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 1 post

Postby covalesky » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:43 am

sdsichero wrote:
I hope they stay as much away from Midichlorians as they can.

With Ostrander I think we're safe.

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:29 am

I am hesitantly excited about this. Legacy started out great but descended into dumbness about half-way through it. The six-issue miniseries that wrapped it up helped a little, but even it was kind of all over the place.

That being said, Ostrander is generally a good writer and I love the ancient end of Star Wars history.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand