Saturday, September 23, 2017 • Morning Edition • "Who invited Spektre?"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Steve Rogers to return?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:04 am

I really hope they are bringing Steve Rogers back.
Brubaker's storiy has been pretty good but I'm tired of Bucky/Cap. He was much more interesting as The Winter Soldier and I think the book would be much cooler with BOTH characters instead of just one of them.
To me, it seemed that Bru was setting up Bucky to be the new Nomad and I'd rather see him take up that Identity.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:05 am

Gladiator X wrote:I really hope they are bringing Steve Rogers back.
Brubaker's storiy has been pretty good but I'm tired of Bucky/Cap. He was much more interesting as The Winter Soldier and I think the book would be much cooler with BOTH characters instead of just one of them.
To me, it seemed that Bru was setting up Bucky to be the new Nomad and I'd rather see him take up that Identity.

agreed on every single count.

nolanjwerner

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby nolanjwerner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:54 pm

He'll be back in time for the movie.

Marvel loves to tie their comics in to their movies.

Tendrin

Flying Mongoose

Postby Tendrin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:37 pm

Chris wrote:I don't think Brubaker ever said that he WOULDN'T be coming back. In fact.. and I may be wrong about where he said this, but I think it's in the Cap omnibus, but he said he had plans for bringing Steve back before he even killed him. It's all part of the arc.

Can someone actually find this quote if it's true? :) I'm curious -- and it'd go a LONG way towards dealing with the 'BUCKY 4EVER' crowd if Bru'd actually said something like this. :) (Also, I do think we'll see *Steve* come back well before we see Steve as *Cap* again.)

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:21 am

If they bring Cap back it better be freaking glorious and something that doesn't make his death meaningless. Don't just bring him back just to bring him back. His resurrection needs to be memorable and bigger than his death or else it will just seem like another hero coming back from the grave which is F'd out

Tendrin

Flying Mongoose

Postby Tendrin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:26 am

48THRiLLS wrote:If they bring Cap back it better be freaking glorious and something that doesn't make his death meaningless. Don't just bring him back just to bring him back. His resurrection needs to be memorable and bigger than his death or else it will just seem like another hero coming back from the grave which is F'd out

I honestly recall Brubaker saying he didn't expect his death to wind up making the big splash it did in the first place, which makes me wonder what Brubaker was thinking about it in the first place.

That said, the end of the 'Death' storyline with the defeat of the Red Skull was an incredible anticlimax, as I've argued before, and I feel we're about to get what we thought we knew turned on its head.

Woody

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Woody » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:24 pm

cncoyle wrote:You stole that idea from Woody (Cap/Deathlok)!

Still the best idea ever for Steve Rogers

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Gladiator X wrote:I really hope they are bringing Steve Rogers back.

Only if he didn't have the gay Nomad outfit.. that looked dumb as hell.

If he was Nomad and just had the Winter Soldier-esque attire, I'd be fine with it.

leave a comment with facebook