Tuesday, November 21, 2017 • Evening Edition • "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Steve Rogers to return?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Wiki-Snake

cheese

Postby Wiki-Snake » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:36 pm

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:37 pm

Probably not, but I hope so.

Bucky lacks an ethos, imo.

Wiki-Snake

cheese

Postby Wiki-Snake » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:38 pm

#600 is supposed to have some twist.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:46 pm

COL Ludlow wrote:#600 is supposed to have some twist.

Yep and here it is:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Kid Kamikaze

cheese

Postby Kid Kamikaze » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:50 pm

I think it's a anniversary thing.

Not Steve coming back, even though I think he should (for a similar reason that House of J posted).

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Kid Kamikaze wrote:I think it's a anniversary thing.

Not Steve coming back, even though I think he should (for a similar reason that House of J posted).

I agree with you as well. But if it did happen I'd be happy. I picked up the recent Thor issue and his ghost is totally hanging around for something. If anyone ever had unfinished business, it's Steve. I can't help but have a faint hope the Thor appearance was a prelude to a return.

Comic_Doctor

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Comic_Doctor » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:06 pm

The Bucky Cap has been a good story, but Steve is the real Cap. We all knew he'd be coming back eventually (this is comics), but at least Marvel has done some solid stuff while he's been gone.

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Comic_Doctor wrote:The Bucky Cap has been a good story, but Steve is the real Cap. We all knew he'd be coming back eventually (this is comics), but at least Marvel has done some solid stuff while he's been gone.

I loved it all through the whole Red Skull arc from issue 1. But the resolution to that--I wanted more from it. I wanted a little less ambiguity after however many issues and Steve dying.

I gave it a rest after that for a few issues because it just felt sort of flat. I picked up last issue and the tone of the book is still a little flat and getting sort of repetitive to me now. Too much "like Steve" or "not like Steve" in both Bucky's internal narration and others' interactions with him too. I liked reading Namor's dialogue and scenes much more. But when Bucky is both running around shooting and maiming people but acting sort of ambivalent when Namor kills the shadowy villain--it seems too muddy ethically for Cap. I like grey-area characters, but not a Captain America who doesn't seem to have an ethical sensibility at all outside trying to live up to another person's legacy.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:24 pm

House of J wrote:I loved it all through the whole Red Skull arc from issue 1. But the resolution to that--I wanted more from it. I wanted a little less ambiguity after however many issues and Steve dying.

I gave it a rest after that for a few issues because it just felt sort of flat. I picked up last issue and the tone of the book is still a little flat and getting sort of repetitive to me now. Too much "like Steve" or "not like Steve" in both Bucky's internal narration and others' interactions with him too. I liked reading Namor's dialogue and scenes much more. But when Bucky is both running around shooting and maiming people but acting sort of ambivalent when Namor kills the shadowy villain--it seems too muddy ethically for Cap. I like grey-area characters, but not a Captain America who doesn't seem to have an ethical sensibility at all outside trying to live up to another person's legacy.

AMEN. on all counts.

Kid Kamikaze

cheese

Postby Kid Kamikaze » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:28 pm

House of J wrote:I loved it all through the whole Red Skull arc from issue 1. But the resolution to that--I wanted more from it. I wanted a little less ambiguity after however many issues and Steve dying.

... I'm still reading the book, but damn, you are on point!

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:08 pm

I don't think Brubaker ever said that he WOULDN'T be coming back. In fact.. and I may be wrong about where he said this, but I think it's in the Cap omnibus, but he said he had plans for bringing Steve back before he even killed him. It's all part of the arc.

Wiki-Snake

cheese

Postby Wiki-Snake » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:16 pm

Chris wrote:I don't think Brubaker ever said that he WOULDN'T be coming back. In fact.. and I may be wrong about where he said this, but I think it's in the Cap omnibus, but he said he had plans for bringing Steve back before he even killed him. It's all part of the arc.

I've read that somewhere as well.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:23 pm

Zechs wrote:Yep and here it is:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
You stole that idea from Woody (Cap/Deathlok)!

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:39 pm

cncoyle wrote:You stole that idea from Woody (Cap/Deathlok)!

Caplok was not so good.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:11 pm

I hope so.

Bucky's done an ok job but he's not Cap.

leave a comment with facebook