Advertisement

Stormwatch #3 (Didn't they die last week? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Shitlord

Stormwatch #3 (Didn't they die last week? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:45 am

Now that’s more like. I felt a little lost with #1 and #2, but now that Cornell has properly established who the new characters like Adam and the Projectionist are and what their powers entail, I feel like I know what’s going on and can begin to enjoy the craziness of this book without going ‘huh?’ every two pages. My favourite scene in this issue was Jack Hawksmoor’s conversation with the physical manifestations of Paris, Metropolis and Gotham City, it was just a cool way to illustrate Hawksmoor’s powers, and the way Cornell and Sepulveda anthropomorphised each city was spot on. I also liked the brief glimpse into Apollo’s mindset, he’s an angry dude, and that makes him an unconventional character and one who’s future I can’t wait to see. The ending was also cool, next issue should give Midnighter a chance to really cut loose and demonstrate just how much of a bad-ass he is. Which is a lot.

Advertisement

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Re: Stormwatch #3 (Didn't they die last week? Spoilers)

Postby jeremy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:11 pm

I really didn't care for the way they showed manifestations of cities to Hawksmore, it seemed a bit lazy IMO and definitely not cool - just taking the easy way.

Still not sold on this book, but with all the action and story going on around trying to introduce everyone I expect it to take a bit longer to get all the characters fleshed out.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:34 pm

I thought this issue was the best yet. Hawksmoore powers didn't bother me that much but if they ruin Midnighter and Apollo I'm going to be very disgruntled. I still say this is the DC book to keep a watch on. Get it? A watch on? Sometimes I make myself laugh.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 189 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:34 pm

I thought Wildstorm couldn't sink any lower than Worlds End. I was wrong, this series has surpassed that shit.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:40 pm

I didn't really like the way Hawksmoor's powers were expressed.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand