Advertisement

Stormwatch #2 (I feel sorry for The Fox now Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Stormwatch #2 (I feel sorry for The Fox now Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:30 pm

An improvement over #1 in a lot of ways, chiefly in that Cornell did a better job of explaining who some of these new characters are and what Stormwatch’s status quo is. I get that writers want to avoid exposition dumps, but with #1 I felt like I’d been dropped in the deep-end, it was confusing. But now we know a bit more about Adam, and about the struggle for leadership in Stormwatch. Miguel Sepulveda’s art was better too, and Al Barrioneuvo did a good job of filling in too. I was a bit confused by the scenes between Harry the Swordsman and that giant eye, is he betraying the team or not? I also liked Cornell’s take on Midnighter, he seems like a scary dude. And the way Stormwatch misdirected the superheroes by manipulating the media and blaming the Fox was hilarious! A proper Cornell touch that.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Stormwatch #2 (I feel sorry for The Fox now Spoilers)

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:56 pm

The changes to issue #1 for the second printing were interesting, I wonder which version is reflected in the digital copy at this point?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Mike Mercury wrote:The changes to issue #1 for the second printing were interesting, I wonder which version is reflected in the digital copy at this point?

What changes?

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:13 pm

They changed the MM worm creature and also added some other stuff.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:15 am

I actually liked this issue less. Although you are right, the did get more into introducing the rest of the team and I got a better idea of who they are, especially some of the new people. I am liking where the story is going. But the 'leader' of the team I don't really care for and actually like some of the rest of the returning Authority team members less than before. Plus Midnighter's costume is horrendous.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 130 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:15 pm

xaraan wrote:I actually liked this issue less. Although you are right, the did get more into introducing the rest of the team and I got a better idea of who they are, especially some of the new people. I am liking where the story is going. But the 'leader' of the team I don't really care for and actually like some of the rest of the returning Authority team members less than before. Plus Midnighter's costume is horrendous.

I agree on every point.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

jeremy
Staff Writer

Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:26 pm

avengingtitan wrote:I agree on every point.

you just blew my mind dude

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 98 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:31 pm

I hope this is a book they assume is a slow burn. Give it a year and see where we're at. I'm on board, but it feels very comfortably like the Authority to me. Adding MM to the mix has me intrigued to see where we go with this and how his alleged past with the JL fits in.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand