Advertisement

Stormwatch #10 (I gave you a manicure Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Stormwatch #10 (I gave you a manicure Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 am

Peter Milligan’s run continues to really make this concept work to it’s potential, as the team face another crazy-weird threat, but this time, the villain coincided thematically with the problems of one of the characters. The team have to fight a monster that was created by a device that came about due to Stormwatch’s secrecy, and Apollo is really struggling with that. He finally found the courage to come out of the closet, but now he’s hiding himself again. Interesting stuff. I also liked that Milligan is bringing back stuff from Cornell’s run, I wouldn’t have minded the likes of Harry Tanner or Illusionist being forgotten for a while, but it’s good that he’s using them, and hey, he even brought back The Fox! Hilarious. Unfortunately Ignacio Calero’s art was pretty poor, this title has suffered art-wise, I’d like to see it get somebody actually good for once, that would improve things no end.

Advertisement

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Re: Stormwatch #10 (I gave you a manicure Spoilers)

Postby Greg » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:47 am

I am really digging this book. I wanted to check it out earlier in the run but just wasn't too interested at the same time, especially given it wasn't getting great feedback. But upon hearing Milligan was joining, the possibility of him writing Midnighter and Apollo made me jump onto the book. It's definitely great stuff. The scenes with Apollo this issue was definitely well written and understandable.

Definitely hope to see more development with the other characters as the book goes. Last issue was Midnighter focused, this was Apollo. I wonder who's the next piece.

And I sorta like the one-issue story arc with the character developments as the subplots through the book.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand