Advertisement

Stormwatch #11 (Vulpine Center Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Stormwatch #11 (Vulpine Center Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:18 am

The Engineer takes centre-stage for a decent issue that was once again marred by some really bad art. I don’t want to rag on the artist, but seriously. But let’s be positive, the idea of a secret Neanderthal war is a good one and Milligan once again uses the idea of there being previous Stormwatches well (although it did lead to a fucking awful mistake, a ‘previous incarceration’ what the hell?), I’d like to see more of this 1940s team. It was also good to see Engineer’s origin in this new world, and to have the stakes increased between her and Harry Tanner. They weren’t just lovers, he helped her become human again. Now that he’s a villain, that inevitable fight should be juicy. I did like that even though Stormwatch thought they had won, they really didn’t, Milligan is doing a solid job at having seemingly standalone stories build up. Just need to do something about the art and we’ll really be cooking with gas. Oh yeah, and it was good to see Jenny Sparks again, I know she’s sooo last century, but she was great.

Advertisement

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 182 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Re: Stormwatch #11 (Vulpine Center Spoilers)

Postby achilles » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:46 am

Secret Neanderthal war? I'd like to hear more about that. Palmiotti and Gray put out something like that in their pre series release hype for the series Power Girl, (actually time traveling Neaderthals in a war), but never actually included it or the other things they mentioned in the series.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand