Advertisement

Suicide Squad #22 (Mother Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Suicide Squad #22 (Mother Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:18 pm

DC once again shot themselves in the foot this week by announcing that Ales Kot was no longer writing Suicide Squad with #24. This is stupid for many reasons, but the chief one is that these last 2 (and now 3) issues have been some of the best comics coming out of DC. Kot is an exciting new voice in comics, and whilst we’re still getting his creator-owned work at Image, he has a great take on superheroes, if DC let him go off and get snapped up by Marvel or even Valiant, it’s just a catastrophic loss. Stupid DC! You were so close to being good. So close.

Anyways, in the meantime, let’s appreciate what we have, there’s this issue, and one more, and they will be glorious. This issue showed us what was teased last time, as the Suicide Squad are in Las Vegas fighting a giant monster made out of people. This whole issue was just a fantastic action comic, starting off low-key (but brutal) with the Squad taking out the cult members who are putting Vegas under mass hypnosis, and then things get epic when the giant monster shows up. The fact that this monster is made up of 1000s of people who committed suicide is such a genius idea, it’s so dark and twisted, it’s so Suicide Squad.

That’s what’s great about Kot’s take on this book, it is dark and twisted, but he has something to say. I don’t know what else to say really, Patrick Zircher’s art was excellent, and I’m just pissed off. I’m sure #23 will be great, but DC have shat the bed here. It’s just depressing. Kot even introduces a great new twist on the Samsara serum here, and we won’t ever get to see him finish that plot off.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Suicide Squad #22 (Mother Spoilers)

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:45 pm

If I ever see these used, I'll buy them because I'm curious how Kot handled them--but I would never give DC the money after they dumped him for yet another book to get Matt Kindt out of whatever financial trouble he must be in. After all, he is writing 7 solicited books for October, plus art duties on Mind MGMT. I figure he has a gambling problem, or maybe a meth habit.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand