Advertisement

Superboy #6 (KON-EL! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Superboy #6 (KON-EL! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:01 pm

OK guys, level with me, am I missing out by not reading Teen Titans? Is it as crap as it looks or is it actually decent? I ask because at times I feel like I’m only really getting half of the story in Superboy, the stuff at the start with Superboy talking to some lame new Titan was lost on me. I’m starting to get worried that once that Ravagers book comes out I’ll barely be getting a third of the story! This is the bad side of an inter-connected universe, you start to feel obliged to buy certain comics you have no real interest in. Thankfully the stuff with Supergirl was a lot better and raised some interesting new details about the nature of Superboy’s powers (he seems to have some telepathy as well as his tactile TK) and also about the history of Krypton. It seems that Krypton’s dodgy history with Clones from the John Byrne era is back in force with the new continuity, and the name ‘Kon’ seems to refer to clones. How long before we get an appearance from Black Zero? This book continues to be good despite my not reading Teen Titans, but at this point, the fact that Superboy is still willing to work for NOWHERE is just fucking ridiculous, almost as bad as the Green Lanterns still trusting the Guardians. It’s just so obvious NOWHERE are dicks.

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 401 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: Superboy #6 (KON-EL! Spoilers)

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:15 pm

I skimmed it and noticed some of what you point out here. Seems the destruction of Krypton is mixed.
Here, it appears that the clones destroyed it in an uprising. Yes much like they tried in the Byrne mini.
But every where else, it seems to have been the Worldkillers who did or perhaps Brainiac.

:smt102
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 130 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:34 pm

Oh you're missing part of the story by not reading Teen Titans, thats a good thing though. Its a bad story with really really bad art.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 79 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:33 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:I skimmed it and noticed some of what you point out here. Seems the destruction of Krypton is mixed.
Here, it appears that the clones destroyed it in an uprising. Yes much like they tried in the Byrne mini.
But every where else, it seems to have been the Worldkillers who did or perhaps Brainiac.

:smt102

The left hand at DC not knowing what the right one is doing? What a shocking revelation!

DC showing its Time-Warner once again.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:40 am

I don't think this issue showed that Krypton was destroyed by clones, because if that was the case, how could Supergirl remember?

I think it just showed that Kryptonian Culture had used clones in the past, and that they had an uprising, which I believe was an element of Byrne's run, right?

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 228 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:29 am

Punchy wrote:OK guys, level with me, am I missing out by not reading Teen Titans?.. the stuff at the start with Superboy talking to some lame new Titan was lost on me.

This is all a setup for the Teen Titans/Legion Lost/Ravagers cross-over. Supposedly there will be several payoffs and revelations during that cross-over.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 625 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:23 pm

While I have been enjoying Superboy, the title's interaction with Teen Titans has only made me more sure of what I already knew; I really, REALLY wish that DC would have left the Teen Titans (and their teen characters in general) alone during the relaunch.

I feel like I am reading a really bad miniseries whose lead characters are parodies instead of the Teen Titans.

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 41 posts

Postby PDH » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Titans is really bad. Superboy did appear in a recent issue (I might be a bit behind the others) but his behaviour was not explained. To be honest, I was assuming it was explained in Superboy, which I'm not reading.

I'd steer clear of it.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 401 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:47 pm

Punchy wrote:I don't think this issue showed that Krypton was destroyed by clones, because if that was the case, how could Supergirl remember?

I think it just showed that Kryptonian Culture had used clones in the past, and that they had an uprising, which I believe was an element of Byrne's run, right?

That was one of the funny parts. It was when Superboy was telepathically connected to her. It showed and said Krypton's destruction or at least attempted.

It was and specifically in his World Of Krypton mini-series. Black Dawn or some similar named group was a terrorist/political movement that was for clone rights in it. In it, they were responsible for the bomb that caused a slow reaction of destabilizing the core of Krypton that led to it's exploding centuries later.

The Worldkillers to note, come across as Doomsday types and he was a genetically bred and modified clone. So perhaps a tie in or Kara's musings on what could have been the cause of Krypton's destruction after being told by Kal?
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 130 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:52 pm

PDH wrote:Titans is really bad. Superboy did appear in a recent issue (I might be a bit behind the others) but his behaviour was not explained. To be honest, I was assuming it was explained in Superboy, which I'm not reading.

I'd steer clear of it.

This all the way.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 228 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:18 pm

In Supergirl #5 she finds what's left of Argo, and encounters Reign, a super-being who is a World-Killer. Up until this point they thought that World-Killers were outlawed mechanical weapons of mass destruction. Somehow the World-Killer's origins are tied to Krypton's past but they don't know how yet. Supergirl also views a hologram of Zor-El that he left for her just before Krypton's demise and his attempt to save Argo. He states that the sunstone he left with her contains "a full historical record of Krypton, all my research, and the truth about what happened to .."
So maybe DC is trying to incorporate the clone idea into the Brainiac-caused destruction of Krypton ?
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand