Advertisement

Supergirl #5 (All this dust Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Supergirl #5 (All this dust Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:38 am

Even though we already knew that Krypton was destroyed and that Supergirl’s parents were dead, the moments where she found out were still really well-done and emotional, I really felt for Kara when she broke down and started smashing Argo up. That’s the real strength of this new Supergirl, Green and Johnson have put us right in her head, and I feel I know this Kara better than the old one, even after only 5 issues. That’s not to say that the old Kara was bad, I really enjoyed Gates’ run, but that story wasn’t really focussed on who Supergirl is as a person. Also noteworthy about this issue was that there were a couple of new wrinkles added to the deaths of Supergirl’s parents, like the fact that it wasn’t the destruction of Krypton that killed Zor-El, he was murdered before it happened. Who murdered him? And why? Did he have something to do with the creation of the Worldkillers? Reign certainly hinted at that. Speaking of Reign, she seems like an interesting villain, she’s driven to violence, but doesn’t know why. Asrar’s art was as solid as always, and whilst this book isn’t exactly the most spectacular of the New 52, it’s still very good and deserves more discussion about it.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 338 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Supergirl #5 (All this dust Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:47 pm

One of the better DCnU Super-titles, IMO :smt023
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand