Advertisement

Supergirl #6 (American Cheese Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Shitlord

Supergirl #6 (American Cheese Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:50 am

It was a little cheesy how Supergirl was rescued from certain death by ghostly apparitions of her parents, but other than that, this was another solid issue. Even that scene did work in a way because Green and Johnson managed to keep it ambiguous as to what the real nature of the vision was. Elsewhere, we get our first look at what I assume is the new Silver Banshee and Supergirl and Reign get into a proper fight. It is convenient that there’s a force-field blocking any other heroes from helping her out, but it does make sense, I just want to see her team up with Superman! It was also cool to get a glimpse of Kara’s life on Krypton. It’s weird that this book is the one that’s dealt the most with Krypton out of the Superman family of titles, but I’ve really liked how the writers have drip-fed us info about the doomed planet. Mahmud Asrar continues to deliver fantastic art, I think this is one of the best looking books of the New 52.

Advertisement

SaturnKnight
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Supergirl #6 (American Cheese Spoilers)

Postby SaturnKnight » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Punchy wrote:It was a little cheesy how Supergirl was rescued from certain death by ghostly apparitions of her parents, but other than that, this was another solid issue. Even that scene did work in a way because Green and Johnson managed to keep it ambiguous as to what the real nature of the vision was. Elsewhere, we get our first look at what I assume is the new Silver Banshee and Supergirl and Reign get into a proper fight. It is convenient that there’s a force-field blocking any other heroes from helping her out, but it does make sense, I just want to see her team up with Superman! It was also cool to get a glimpse of Kara’s life on Krypton. It’s weird that this book is the one that’s dealt the most with Krypton out of the Superman family of titles, but I’ve really liked how the writers have drip-fed us info about the doomed planet. Mahmud Asrar continues to deliver fantastic art, I think this is one of the best looking books of the New 52.

I dropped this book for a couple weeks, but found that I missed it much more than I thought I would. By the time the next issue came out, I had to have it. I'm no fan of Simon Tycho as he struck me as too much "Luthor Lite" which was boring. But his accident means he'll return in a new form and not just another evil CEO in a suit.

I wasn't crazy about Reign and the Worldkillers until their full debut in this issue. And the force field technology that Kara's father designed to save Argo City fit in perfectly here. It's a contrivance, but still a contrivance that makes perfect sense.

Some of the splash pages Mahmud Asrar did in this issue were breathtaking--right up there with Doug Mahnke's GL or early Ivan Reis. This guy is very much a superstar artist in the making.

Very much looking forward to George Perez's issue featuring the return of Silver Banshee. This book has really grown on me and is starting to pick up the pace right when it needed to.

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:50 pm

This book was one of the bigger surprises for me in the NuDC launch. I'm really enjoying it. Better, I think, than the Superman titles at this point.

SaturnKnight
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby SaturnKnight » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:16 am

alaska1125 wrote:This book was one of the bigger surprises for me in the NuDC launch. I'm really enjoying it. Better, I think, than the Superman titles at this point.

I like all the Superman titles except for Superboy.

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:47 am

SaturnKnight wrote:
I like all the Superman titles except for Superboy.

Superboy suffers, fairly or not, by the unfortunate connection to the current (I can't believe it got worse) incarnation of the Teen Titans.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 11 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:20 am

I really like this title ! 8)
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand