Advertisement

Supergirl #2 (Baby Cousin Kal-El Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Supergirl #2 (Baby Cousin Kal-El Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:54 am

A strong issue. I think what makes this book stand out is that Green and Johnson are doing an excellent job at really putting the reader inside Kara Zor-El’s head and getting how disorientating the experience must be across really well. Showing that to Supergirl Kal-El was just a baby 3 days ago and now he’s a full-grown man was really effective, I wouldn’t believe him either! This issue also featured some cool depictions of Kryptonian superpowers, I loved the page where Supergirl’s X-Ray vision went through every layer of Superman’s skin. Yes this issue was mainly a fight, but it was a good one, and Mahmud Asrar’s art was fantastic yet again, I think his version of Superman’s new costume is the best. I also like how this book is drip-feeding us details about the history and destruction of Krypton, and we get our first sighting of Kryptonite. This book is a slow burn, but it’s very enjoyable, and as I said, we’re really inside Supergirl’s head, and the character is coming alive.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand