Sunday, September 25, 2016 • Evening Edition • "*the sound you hear when PAC-MAN dies*"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Supergirl #3 (Rusty Museum Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:33 am

It’s a shame that Asrar didn’t do most of this issue, but Bill Reinhold did a good job of filling in, and his style is pretty similar to Asrar’s anyways, so it didn’t take you out of the story as much as other artistic mash-ups such as this week’s Incredible Hulk. This book continues to impress me with it’s deliberate pace and it’s unique approach to a superhero discovering their powers. Green and Johnson are taking it pretty slowly, but it works, I feel like I know this new Supergirl a lot more closely than most of the revamped characters. Simon Tycho is an interesting villain in some ways, I liked the way he dissed the US President, but he does feel a bit like a poor man’s Luthor. The Brain was a cool visual too.

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:07 pm

I still like the book, but it feels like it's starting to stall a little. Hopefully something big happens in #4.

Art is still nice.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:31 pm

I think now that they got the DCnU "intro" out of the way the plot will take off. Hell, this issue alone had more plot than #s1 and 2 together :wink:

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Meh it was good but it still feels like a re-hash of the last Supergirl and Smallville's Supergirl.

leave a comment with facebook