Advertisement

Supergirl #3 (Rusty Museum Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Supergirl #3 (Rusty Museum Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:33 am

It’s a shame that Asrar didn’t do most of this issue, but Bill Reinhold did a good job of filling in, and his style is pretty similar to Asrar’s anyways, so it didn’t take you out of the story as much as other artistic mash-ups such as this week’s Incredible Hulk. This book continues to impress me with it’s deliberate pace and it’s unique approach to a superhero discovering their powers. Green and Johnson are taking it pretty slowly, but it works, I feel like I know this new Supergirl a lot more closely than most of the revamped characters. Simon Tycho is an interesting villain in some ways, I liked the way he dissed the US President, but he does feel a bit like a poor man’s Luthor. The Brain was a cool visual too.

Advertisement

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Re: Supergirl #3 (Rusty Museum Spoilers)

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:07 pm

I still like the book, but it feels like it's starting to stall a little. Hopefully something big happens in #4.

Art is still nice.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 190 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:31 pm

I think now that they got the DCnU "intro" out of the way the plot will take off. Hell, this issue alone had more plot than #s1 and 2 together :wink:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 124 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Meh it was good but it still feels like a re-hash of the last Supergirl and Smallville's Supergirl.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand