Advertisement

Superman #4 (I don't speak spanish Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Superman #4 (I don't speak spanish Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Another issue packed full of words, but not much actually happened here, everyone seemed to be dithering about and worrying about Clark all the time. I do like how Perez has subtly been building up to a revelation that something’s not right in Clark’s head with his amnesia, but does it seem counter-intuitive to anyone else to kick off the brave new world of Superman with a story where he’s not acting like himself? We as readers had no idea he was being strange because we don’t know what’s normal! The art was good though and the last page reveal that it was Superman himself who apparently created these monsters was very cool, I’m intrigued as to how all that went down.

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Superman #4 (I don't speak spanish Spoilers)

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:47 pm

This is why the Superman reboot is floundering. On one hand, He's a preachy little brat with little everyday connection with humanity under Morrison, and under Perez, he's emotionally aloof with little everyday connection with humanity.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 785 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:27 pm

The Nacireman wrote:This is why the Superman reboot is floundering. On one hand, He's a preachy little brat with little everyday connection with humanity under Morrison, and under Perez, he's emotionally aloof with little everyday connection with humanity.

So he's like damn near every poster here or should I say certain politically leaning types.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
So he's like damn near every poster here or should I say certain politically leaning types.

Just Achilles and Foot Eater Lad

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand