Advertisement

DC's SUPERMAN FCBD Release Revealed

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

3MJ
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: DC's SUPERMAN FCBD Release Revealed

Postby 3MJ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:13 am

Another cost cutting measure from DC. Makes sense not to pay someone to make a new comic

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 11036
Likes: 548 posts
Liked in: 368 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !


Online


Re: DC's SUPERMAN FCBD Release Revealed

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:15 am

Nacireman has a point. Since the armor outfit resembles the movie uniform maybe they figure that will tie better to the larger demographic which is usually non-comic readers. Those same folks would also be familiar with the classic outfit featured in the story and know by now that movie outfit aren't always exactly the same as book versions.
Plus for the comic readers who aren't fond of the Nu52 versions you get a story featuring the classic look. And it's free. :D
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33252
Likes: 117 posts
Liked in: 138 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: DC's SUPERMAN FCBD Release Revealed

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:52 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Nacireman has a point. Since the armor outfit resembles the movie uniform maybe they figure that will tie better to the larger demographic which is usually non-comic readers. Those same folks would also be familiar with the classic outfit featured in the story and know by now that movie outfit aren't always exactly the same as book versions.
Plus for the comic readers who aren't fond of the Nu52 versions you get a story featuring the classic look. And it's free. :D


I'd say the choice for the "Last Son" story has more to do with Zod (who's in the movie) being the villain as it does the old costume.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 11036
Likes: 548 posts
Liked in: 368 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !


Online


Re: DC's SUPERMAN FCBD Release Revealed

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Right .. I was agreeing with you. And in addition to your point about Zod I was also suggesting a possible reason why they used the current outfit on the cover.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Lord Simian
User avatar
The Lord of the Monkeys
 
Posts: 34942
Likes: 170 posts
Liked in: 284 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:57 am
Location: Poosting from The Outhouse


Re: DC's SUPERMAN FCBD Release Revealed

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:01 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
Yeah, because there's nothing like a Superman movie coming out this year, right? :roll:

Honestly, if a non comics reader walks in to a LCS on Free Comic Book Day what is more likely to pick up - a free Superman comic, or a free Trinity War comic? Yeah, I thought so.


That's a pointless question, though, because any Trinity War comic would have Superman plastered all over the front. You and I would know thats an issue of Trinity War, but your hypothetical and frankly non-existent "non comic reader coming into comic stores cause of the new movie" would see it as "a free Superman comic".

e_galston
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 19515
Likes: 324 posts
Liked in: 480 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: Frederick, MD
Formerly: Sitebreaker


Re: DC's SUPERMAN FCBD Release Revealed

Postby e_galston » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
That's a pointless question, though, because any Trinity War comic would have Superman plastered all over the front. You and I would know thats an issue of Trinity War, but your hypothetical and frankly non-existent "non comic reader coming into comic stores cause of the new movie" would see it as "a free Superman comic".


and not just Superman, but it'd more than likely also have Batman and Wonder Woman, and Flash and Green Lantern...
Image

Lord Simian
User avatar
The Lord of the Monkeys
 
Posts: 34942
Likes: 170 posts
Liked in: 284 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:57 am
Location: Poosting from The Outhouse


Re: DC's SUPERMAN FCBD Release Revealed

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:41 pm

e_galston wrote:
and not just Superman, but it'd more than likely also have Batman and Wonder Woman, and Flash and Green Lantern...


Very true.

BatWatch
User avatar
underclassman
 
Posts: 37
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:10 pm
Title: Surprisingly Delicious


Re: DC's SUPERMAN FCBD Release Revealed

Postby BatWatch » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
That's a pointless question, though, because any Trinity War comic would have Superman plastered all over the front. You and I would know thats an issue of Trinity War, but your hypothetical and frankly non-existent "non comic reader coming into comic stores cause of the new movie" would see it as "a free Superman comic".


Having the name Superman on the cover will still help. That's the reason Batman consistently sells better than Detective Comic despite the fact that the both cover Batman.
For more news, reviews, and commentary for Batman and the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net
http://www.BatWatch.net

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34453
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: DC's SUPERMAN FCBD Release Revealed

Postby Punchy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:04 am

It seems pretty counterintuitive to use a story that's not in continuity any more, but hey, it was a good story, and it does tie into the movie, so.... I'm not sure.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 107 guests

Advertisement