Advertisement

Superman #6 (Jazuur Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 47 posts
Title: Shitlord

Superman #6 (Jazuur Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:43 am

So George Perez’s run on Superman comes to an end… and it was actually OK. I thought it was really cool how the alien threat Superman was facing came about directly because of his actions over in Action Comics (although it is a bit weird that we haven’t seen that scene yet, but perhaps this was written with the idea that Action would have gone without those 2 Legion issues?), it was very clever in how it made the two books feel connected despite being set 5 years apart. The fight between the imposter Superman and Supergirl was good stuff, although once again Perez really over-described everything, on the plus side that makes the comic feel full, but on the other… it’s clunky. There was one caption box where Superman was describing a time when he used his super-hearing, jeez that was bad. Overall Perez’s run has been decent, but it’s probably a bit too old-fashioned to really work in the context of a reboot. I’m not sure that Giffen and Jurgens are the people to bring modernity either, but the idea of Superman fighting Daemonites is an interesting one. Oh yeah, and Nicola Scott’s art was very good, can’t wait for Earth 2.

Advertisement

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 150 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Re: Superman #6 (Jazuur Spoilers)

Postby nietoperz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:47 am

I know there's a new creative team coming on board, but #6 is going to be my last issue of Superman for the time being. I'm just not that interested in the new take on Supes. Action is on a fairly short leash just now as well.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand