Advertisement

Superman Makes Life Change, Further Ruined

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Re: Superman Makes Life Change, Further Ruined

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:21 am

This is a good idea, but I do not trust DC to execute it very well at all.

Advertisement

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:06 am

Maybe they should have him do something as current as working for a print newspaper, like being a telegraph operator or the town blacksmith.
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:14 am

Timbales wrote:Maybe they should have him do something as current as working for a print newspaper, like being a telegraph operator or the town blacksmith.

Because the Daily Planet didn't have an online edition like EVERY OTHER NEWSPAPER IN THE COUNTRY, right? :roll:

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 am

The Nacireman wrote:
Because the Daily Planet didn't have an online edition like EVERY OTHER NEWSPAPER IN THE COUNTRY, right? :roll:

and online news sites employ the same number of writers and reporters as print editions, right? :roll:
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:46 am

Punchy wrote:This is a good idea, but I do not trust DC to execute it very well at all.

You've summed up the New 52 concept pretty well there.

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Punchy wrote:This is a good idea, but I do not trust DC to execute it very well at all.

The last good idea DC executed right was Sinestro Corps. Everything else has blown up in their face or they didn't give it enough time to pan out.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Timbales wrote:
and online news sites employ the same number of writers and reporters as print editions, right? :roll:

That's not the point. The point is most newspapers and magazines already have a presence online. They're hardly stuck in the "telegraph operator or the town blacksmith" era.

Which "online news sites" are you talking about, anyway? The Huffington Post? I'd hardly call that a "news" site. TMZ? Not quite the New York Times There? World Net Daily? Conspiracy spank central. Yahoo! News? I see a lot of AP stories there.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:03 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
That's not the point. The point is most newspapers and magazines already have a presence online. They're hardly stuck in the "telegraph operator or the town blacksmith" era.

Which "online news sites" are you talking about, anyway? The Huffington Post? I'd hardly call that a "news" site. TMZ? Not quite the New York Times There? World Net Daily? Conspiracy spank central. Yahoo! News? I see a lot of AP stories there.

Many of the on-line writers for newspapers are all freelance, and office space is reduced to the bare minimum.

Clark would have been fired from a real job years ago, anyway.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Timbales wrote:
Many of the on-line writers for newspapers are all freelance, and office space is reduced to the bare minimum.

Clark would have been fired from a real job years ago, anyway.

How about the regular reporters? The ones whose stories show up both in print and online editions?

I'm sure Clark's incredible ability to get all those scoops on Superman helped him keep his job working for the Planet.

- Sons of the Desert

nattygreene
Whale Castrato

Postby nattygreene » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Woody wrote: Yeah, why not just change the Daily Planet into an online news site if they felt him working for a newspaper was outdated?

Ala Newsweek announcement this week that it was abandoning print media. I give their paywall website 6 months.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:29 pm

nattygreene wrote:Ala Newsweek announcement this week that it was abandoning print media. I give their paywall website 6 months.

Paywalls will probably the print media's biggest hurdle in jumping over to total online presence.

- Sons of the Desert

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand