Thursday, July 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Superman #5 (Menace or Messiah? Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:21 pm

It’s brilliant to have Nicola Scott back on art for this issue, I really like her style, it’s classical yet modern. I’ll definitely check out Earth 2 for her artwork alone. The story here was decent too, as an imposter Superman goes around killing and destroying things that have threatened Metropolis in the past. I will say that I was annoyed they killed Titano, I love that dumb ape. I wonder if some of the weirdoes online that have been complaining about the new Superman being a ‘pussy’ preferred the evil version? I imagine they did, their vision of Supes seems to be a big dumb fascist jock. One thing I like that’s run through this whole arc is the focus that Perez has put on the media and how it perceives Superman. Today’s media climate is vastly different from 1938’s and since Clark Kent works for a newspaper it makes a lot of sense for it to be explored here. Perez only has one issue left, let’s hope he provides a satisfying conclusion. Here’s an out-there prediction, #1 of this book featured a link to Stormwatch right? What if the villain here is the personification of Metropolis as a City? Jack Hawksmoor spoke to Gotham and Paris, this mix of fire and ice could be Metropolis!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:49 pm

I wonder if some of the weirdoes online that have been complaining about the new Superman being a ‘pussy’ preferred the evil version? I imagine they did, their vision of Supes seems to be a big dumb fascist jock.

Now where the f**k did that come from?

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Okay I saw a page of that ape biting it. So is this the new Eradicator who's doing it?

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:10 pm

And Punchy, just to make things clear.

I want a Superman who's noble, not self-righteous.
I want a Clark Kent with a backbone. And one who actually does some reporting and not finger-waving (like in Action #3).

Is that what you consider "a big dumb fascist jock?"

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:04 am

Nicola's art has really become even stronger lately :smt023

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Amazing art..........thats the only nice thing I can say about this book.

leave a comment with facebook