Advertisement

Superman Unchained Delayed Indefinitely When Jim Lee Goes Missing

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:22 pm

DC is searching for artist Jim Lee as Superman Unchained #8 and #9 are cancelled to be resolicited at a later date.

Source: Bleeding Cool

Fans of Superman Unchained and punctuality were disappointed today when Bleeding Cool reported that Superman Unchained #8 and #9 have been indefinitely delayed, However, worries for publisher DC Comics are more serious than that as the series' superstar artist and the company's Co-Publisher, Jim Lee, has been missing for several days, and no one is able to find him. Lee was last seen on Saturday when Editor in Chief Bob Harras accidentally left the front door to DC's house open while carrying in some groceries, and Lee darted out the door and ran down the street.

"I'm really disappointed in myself," said the pudding-brained executive, smacking himself in the forehead. "I know we have a Jim Lee in the house, so I should know that we need to be careful about the door, you know? God, I'm such an idiot."

Harras told The Outhouse that he usually checks to make sure Lee is safely out of range or being restrained by Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns before leaving the door open for an extended period of time, but he became careless when he saw that Lee was taking a nap in a sun-warmed spot on the carpet while taking a trip back to the DC station wagon to grab some more grocery bags. "He must have been faking, because when I came back, he was ready and he just got past me."

According to Harras, Lee "jumped right over the fence out front" and took off. "He must be hungry out there," Harras worried. "Or scared."

Fellow Co-Publisher Dan Didio has taken the news especially hard, and DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson was forced to take him around town to hang up "Missing Jim Lee" posters with a $500 reward for information leading to the artist's whereabouts. For the first several nights, Nelson and Didio drove all over the neighborhood with the windows open, shaking a can of treats and shouting for Lee to no avail.

"We just want Jim Lee to come home where he belongs," a teary-eyed Didio told us. "If he doesn't want to finish Superman Unchained, he doesn't have to, just like he didn't have to finish All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder. That hasn't stopped us from releasing an Absolute Edition of that, and it won't stop me from wubbing his wittle tummy when I see him again until he can't take it anymore, no it won't!"

Didio then excused himself to go check underneath a neighbor's shed in case Lee was hiding there.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 142 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Re: Superman Unchained Delayed Indefinitely When Jim Lee Goe

Postby nietoperz » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:32 pm

So glad I dropped this.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 406 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 98 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:44 pm

How could anyone have seen this coming?

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 57 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:14 pm

alaska1125 wrote:How could anyone have seen this coming?

You know what?

I can't even complain, here. Because I KNEW this was coming. I KNEW it. I KNEW, once it started getting delayed, that he wasn't going to finish it, and I should've dropped it this series was delayed, months and months and months ago.

So. Jim Lee is who he is. Buyer beware -- he somehow managed to make it through his Justice League run without pissing that away, but really, I can't even blame DC anymore for when Lee puts himself on a book.

The overwhelming odds are there will be delays, and he won't finish. You can't even get mad anymore -- it's who he is.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Booo

At least we have Johns and Romita's run to look forward to.

And Paktion Comics has been good.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 543 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:17 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
You know what?

I can't even complain, here. Because I KNEW this was coming. I KNEW it. I KNEW, once it started getting delayed, that he wasn't going to finish it, and I should've dropped it this series was delayed, months and months and months ago.

So. Jim Lee is who he is. Buyer beware -- he somehow managed to make it through his Justice League run without pissing that away, but really, I can't even blame DC anymore for when Lee puts himself on a book.

The overwhelming odds are there will be delays, and he won't finish. You can't even get mad anymore -- it's who he is.

Yes, you can still be mad. The dude is paid to draw this comic! It's his job!
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 57 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:20 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

You're right: I COULD. I absolutely could.

But he's just one of those guys anymore where if you see his name and still walk down that road, you just can't sit there and act like you're surprised.

John Cassaday. Jim Lee. Allan Heinberg.

If you pick up their shit, you cannot act surprised at what happens.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 228 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:21 pm

sdsichero wrote:They should have kept him chained

:lol:
Jude. Quick. Do a re-write and credit sdsichero as Co-Writer ! :smt023
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:22 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

Jim Lee's job is actually 'Co-Publisher' at DC.

Drawing this was just... a hobby I guess.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 543 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:23 pm

Punchy wrote:
Jim Lee's job is actually 'Co-Publisher' at DC.

Drawing this was just... a hobby I guess.

If he is announced as the artist on a book it's his job to draw that book. Come on. :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:25 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
If he is announced as the artist on a book it's his job to draw that book. Come on. :lol:

Nah, it's more like if your boss asks you to come in on the weekend to help re-arrange desks.

:P

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 98 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:53 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
You know what?

Yeah, I'm not mad. I took a pass on this book for the very reason you state. It's just so depressingly predictable.

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 70 posts

Postby Lord Ice » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:03 pm

Hmmm...Wonder if the rumor of a Gen 13 book factors into this. :smt017

Supersoldier Washout
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 149 posts
Location: I can't really say. I'm currently what they call "AWOL" from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Title: Will Fight for Beer

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:15 pm

My overactive imagination caused me to laugh way too hard at this article.

Didn't one of his Wildstorm books get cancelled recently?

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand