Advertisement

Supreme Blue Rose #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 82 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Supreme Blue Rose #1

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:15 pm

Holy shit was that amazing. Never read any Supreme before (should I?)

This was beautiful, bold and the high concept craziness I love to see Ellis do. Not familiar with Lotay, but loved the digital inking and the crazy line work.

No idea where this is going, but definitely on board, definitely Saga/Mind MGMT level shit.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Supreme Blue Rose #1

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:17 pm

You should definitely try and get a hold of Alan Moore's run on Supreme. The art isn't the greatest, but the story is genius, and for me, as good an 'All-Star Superman' as the actual story.

I haven't read Blue Rose yet, but the artist used to work at one of my local comics shops, awesome to see her get so big.

guitarsmashley likes this post.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:42 am

#2 was also amazing. love the reverse radiation concept and how it relates to time travel and the idea of fate.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 346 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:03 pm

I couldn't make it through the first issue, it felt like I stumbled into the middle of a story but, I will echo punchy's sentiment that you should try and get Moore's Supreme work.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:18 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I couldn't make it through the first issue, it felt like I stumbled into the middle of a story but, I will echo punchy's sentiment that you should try and get Moore's Supreme work.

I am keeping my eye out for the Moore stuff. There was definitely an intent in the book to mess with your head and the story is definitely nonlinear.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 346 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:36 pm

thefourthman wrote:I am keeping my eye out for the Moore stuff. There was definitely an intent in the book to mess with your head and the story is definitely nonlinear.

Maybe it's because I'm not reading anything on paper but, at this stage in my comic reading I'm not in the mood to try that hard to read a comic.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

LobsterJ
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 53 posts

Postby LobsterJ » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:59 pm

Moore's Supreme is excellent. Not at all dark or cynical, it really is a clever homage/love letter to the Superman mythos. Some of the art is terrible, but Chris Sprouse does some excellent work and Rick Veitch does great work in the flashback sequences. Its association with Liefeld and his comics universe is the only really bad part.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:08 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
Maybe it's because I'm not reading anything on paper but, at this stage in my comic reading I'm not in the mood to try that hard to read a comic.

Fair enough, I always like to be challenged though. It's why I like Ellis and Morrison so much. Moore is definitely that kind of writer as well.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand