Advertisement

Swamp Thing #5 (A place between Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Swamp Thing #5 (A place between Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:29 pm

After a few issues of heavy, heavy exposition, Swamp Thing unleashes some action this time out, and it’s damn good stuff. Paquette continues to wow me with his fantastic artwork, his layouts in particular are great, reaching almost JH Williams levels. Thank goodness this book has a better story than Batwoman, and that the level of craft Paquette puts in is well-served. The fight between Alec and William was wonderfully creepy what with all the zombie pigs and cows. It was also good to see some actual Swamp Thing-ing, as Alec hasn’t actually used his powers for a while, and the title was bordering on false advertising! I’m not sure how Alec and Abby kissing means that the rot wins, but the way it was shown, with the ‘dream-selves’ floating above them was brilliant.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Swamp Thing #5 (A place between Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:54 pm

I loved the holy crap nature of the ending. How the hell is Alec going to stop what's happening so far away?

Thank you Troy for the sig

Porcelain38
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Staff Writer.

Postby Porcelain38 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:40 pm

This is quite honestly the best book being published today.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:04 am

Porcelain38 wrote:This is quite honestly the best book being published today.

Certainly the best under DC-proper.

I would say American Vampire and The Unwritten at Vertigo give it a run for it's money, and Locke & Key at IDW.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand