Wednesday, August 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "We're so sorry, DC. Please take us back."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Swamp Thing #1 (Plants can scream Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:53 am

Punchy wrote:
Based on one comic?

No. BOOKS. Detective was pretty weak as well. Well I should say the dialogue was weak. So far he had one mediocre book and this stinker. I think theres a possibility of potential but it fell short here. I'll read the next issue but it better get good quick.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:08 am

avengingtitan wrote:No. BOOKS. Detective was pretty weak as well. Well I should say the dialogue was weak. So far he had one mediocre book and this stinker. I think theres a possibility of potential but it fell short here. I'll read the next issue but it better get good quick.


He didn't write Detective Comics post-reboot, he's doing Batman.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Punchy wrote:
He didn't write Detective Comics post-reboot, he's doing Batman.

Weird I swear he did but okay. Still this wasnt up to his detective run. Hopefully it'll get better because I like Snyder, but it better get better quick.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:27 pm

avengingtitan wrote:No. BOOKS. Detective was pretty weak as well. Well I should say the dialogue was weak. So far he had one mediocre book and this stinker. I think theres a possibility of potential but it fell short here. I'll read the next issue but it better get good quick.


I can't believe you classified this as a "stinker". I could see it not being one's cup of tea, but man, in no way would I go that low. Of course that's keeping in mind that I pretty much loved it on all points.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:30 pm

I loved the points where Holland pointed out the slow motion violence of the plant world and the creature that formed out of the bones in the desert. There was some really creepy parts to this issue that were really well done.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:42 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
I can't believe you classified this as a "stinker". I could see it not being one's cup of tea, but man, in no way would I go that low. Of course that's keeping in mind that I pretty much loved it on all points.

It could have been better. It was boring and there was virtually nothing going on other then a long conversation with Superman. And I'm sorry but Supermans Costume has to change because its ugly and lets face it artists arent gonna wanna draw all that. It actually reminds of the flair from Office Space. :-D

Then theres a long talk about "events of the past year." What events? They dont even talk about them. It was too talk heavy for a first issue. Of course it got going at the end but by then I didnt care anymore.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:57 pm

avengingtitan wrote:It could have been better. It was boring and there was virtually nothing going on other then a long conversation with Superman. And I'm sorry but Supermans Costume has to change because its ugly and lets face it artists arent gonna wanna draw all that. It actually reminds of the flair from Office Space. :-D

Then theres a long talk about "events of the past year." What events? They dont even talk about them. It was too talk heavy for a first issue. Of course it got going at the end but by then I didnt care anymore.


It's funny that you bring up that conversation with Superman. That was the one point where I felt like this was even less than a "soft reboot" or whatever they are classifying it as. In sharp contrast to JL and Action ( which I am aware are in the past), he seemed a lot like old DCU Superman...with, agreed, a pretty craptastic new costume. I guess I just assumed the past year stuff was a reference to Brightest Day (migraine in 3...2...1...).
Then theres a long talk about "events of the past year." What events? They dont even talk about them. It was too talk heavy for a first issue. Of course it got going at the end but by then I didnt care anymore.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:27 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
It's funny that you bring up that conversation with Superman. That was the one point where I felt like this was even less than a "soft reboot" or whatever they are classifying it as. In sharp contrast to JL and Action ( which I am aware are in the past), he seemed a lot like old DCU Superman...with, agreed, a pretty craptastic new costume. I guess I just assumed the past year stuff was a reference to Brightest Day (migraine in 3...2...1...).
Then theres a long talk about "events of the past year." What events? They dont even talk about them. It was too talk heavy for a first issue. Of course it got going at the end but by then I didnt care anymore.


That costume is killing me. I keep expecting Jennifer Aniston appear and flip him off. :-D

They said this reboot was to sureup the dcu and be less confusing to people but I think its doing the opposite. If you're gonna reboot just start from scratch. This is gonna be heroes reborn'd soon.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], LiamA and 56 guests