Advertisement

Swamp Thing #12 (The Rot has already won Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Swamp Thing #12 (The Rot has already won Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:52 am

Part 2 of Rotworld and Swamp Thing and Animal Man spend most of their time climbing down a freaky bone-ladder to try and get to the heart of The Rot. But no! It’s a trap, they weren’t striking when the Rot was at it’s weakest, they had been tricked by Arcane (that bastard) and that they wanted them to come, so they could attack the world freely. And in another twist, due to the vagaries of dimensional time-dilation, although to Alec and Buddy it seems like they’ve only been in The Rot for a few hours, it’s actually been a year! They get spat out and the world is totally fucking fucked. It looks like the Rotworld of the title isn’t the Rot, it’s Earth! Oh you crafty writers. This crossover has gotten off to a great start, I’m very excited to see what happens next, especially now that Poison Ivy is somehow involved. It’s just a shame that the momentum of the story is being halted somewhat by the Zero issues next month, although hopefully they’ll be filling out important back-story details that will make the events of the crossover even more meaningful. But so far, so good, we’ve all been waiting for this story since #1 of both titles, and it’s living up to expectations.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 559 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Swamp Thing #12 (The Rot has already won Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:15 am

The main DCnU has Red, Green and (I guess) Rot. Earth 2 has champions who represent Green and Gray. I wonder if all this may lead to an eventual Earths-Crossover.

Hmmmm ....
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 452 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Both this issue and this month's Animal Man were good set-ups for Rotworld. Like Punchy, I'm not completely happy about the zero issues next month breaking up the momentum of this story, but what can you do.

I am looking forward to seeing the Parliament of Rot.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 452 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:23 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:The main DCnU has Red, Green and (I guess) Rot. Earth 2 has champions who represent Green and Gray. I wonder if all this may lead to an eventual Earths-Crossover.

Hmmmm ....

I have to admit that I've had similar thoughts, but I hope we're both wrong along those lines. I'd prefer Earth-2 remain it's own separate thing for right now.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand