Advertisement

Sweet Tooth #32 (Can you still skate? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Sweet Tooth #32 (Can you still skate? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Another good issue of Sweet Tooth, this book consistently delivers month in, month out. It was really cathartic to see Walter/Haggarty get his, and for it to be at the hands of Gus and the other weaker people, rather than Jepperd, for once he doesn’t have to save the day. But it’s not for lack of trying, I loved the stuff with Jepperd and his new friend, I had guessed that he knew him from his Pro-Ice Hockey days, and the bit where they skated down the river together was brilliant. I like how Lemire has a theme of Ice Hockey in his comics, yes it’s stereotypically Canadian, but it’s cool. How about an Animal Man Hockey issue? It’s interesting that Walter/Haggarty is still around somewhere, what are the odds he becomes a recurring villain? Or perhaps he just up and died in the snow? I wonder where the book is going to go now, Gus seemed to kind of break-off the epic vision quest thing when he ran away from Singh, but maybe they’ll get back to it? It seemed like after the Taxidermist stuff which was really mythology heavy, Lemire took a bit of a step back from it with this arc, can he keep switching it up like this?

Advertisement

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Re: Sweet Tooth #32 (Can you still skate? Spoilers)

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:15 pm

I loved the ice skating scene, it was so fun in such a grim kick in the nuts every month book. I felt bad for Jeppard at the end of this issue, poor guy... It will not end well for him I fear.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand