Advertisement

Sweet Tooth #27 (I thought he died last week? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Sweet Tooth #27 (I thought he died last week? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:14 pm

I’m really enjoying this little detour from the main narrative, it’s got wonderfully atmospheric artwork from Matt Kindt, compelling characters and the ways in which the stories of Thacker and Louis connect to Gus’ are fascinating. This issue just raises so many questions about the back-story of this book, are the events of the present really down to Gods and a mystical explanation? Or is it science? Lemire has been exploring the science/religion conflict with the character of Singh, who is a scientist slowly beginning to believe, and this is paralleled with Louis in the past. I’m not sure how I’d feel if Gus is actually an Inuit God, it’d be crazy, but would it make sense?

Advertisement

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Re: Sweet Tooth #27 (I thought he died last week? Spoilers)

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:32 pm

At first I was annoyed with the main story stopping for this but after 2 issues I am enjoying it. I am really curious to see how this ties into the present.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand