Wednesday, December 12, 2018 • Morning Edition • "We go in so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Reposting here:

That's it?

That's the whole story?

That isn't even harassment. That is someone drunk being douchey.

There was no reason for this story to become as big as it did or to start up another conversation of sexism in comics. This is stupid. I thought that she had gone up to his room under false pretenses and then he made his move. This story is something that happens almost every hour in any bar in America.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:30 pm

dairydead wrote:Wasn't even a shot. I don't know how to word it any clearer,I was saying I don't appreciate this label just as CS doesn't appreciate that label.

How is that hard to understand


Dairy if you really mean that, that you respect that labeling is not appropriate or should be tolerated, as you put it, then DO NOT DO IT. You did it by naming me and that label, you dragged me into it. You have no beef with me, then edit the post or else you are acting a hypocrite. You do and I have no beef with you. But you don't, it's on between us. I do not let this shit slide.

You understand that?
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Seriously, I've just glanced over this the last few days, but now that I've read it all, I find this whole thing ridiculous.

Now, maybe there is more to it that we don't know. The other cases may be worse, or Tess Fowler may be downplaying it to avoid legal action or or something else. But as everything stands right now, there is no reason to drag Brian Wood's name through the mud like this. Was he sleazy? Sure. But being sleazy is not a capital offense.
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:25 pm

Sorry guys I'm at work and just got around to seeing this. CS It Wasnts meant as an attack. Im sorry I didn't edit it earlier
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:27 pm

dairydead wrote:Sorry guys I'm at work and just got around to seeing this. CS It Wasnts meant as an attack. Im sorry I didn't edit it earlier



For the record, I've seen Dairy post in favor of feminism a lot of times on other subjects. Dairy, now that Tess has released a longer, calmer account, what are your thoughts?
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:31 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:Reposting here:

That's it?

That's the whole story?

That isn't even harassment. That is someone drunk being douchey.

There was no reason for this story to become as big as it did or to start up another conversation of sexism in comics. This is stupid. I thought that she had gone up to his room under false pretenses and then he made his move. This story is something that happens almost every hour in any bar in America.


Since you felt the need to post this in two different threads, I'll respond the same way:

"I consider the shouting across the convention hall floor to be harassing and probably humiliating to Ms Fowler. And being "drunk and douchey" doesn't exactly eliminate the encounter from being harassment. Maybe it does happen as often as you say. It shouldn't."
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:37 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

For the record, I've seen Dairy post in favor of feminism a lot of times on other subjects. Dairy, now that Tess has released a longer, calmer account, what are your thoughts?

The longer account shows more douchery, however all the damning mean stuff is blank. It is obviously enough to be upset over and she could have saved some butt hurt by explaining days ago.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:44 pm

thefourthman wrote:The longer account shows more dochery, however all the fanning mean stuff is blank. It is obviously enough to be upset over and she could have saved some butt hurt by explaining days ago.


A great silence is omni-present, much like candy.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:00 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
A great silence is omni-present, much like candy.

I hate Autocorrect.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:34 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
Since you felt the need to post this in two different threads, I'll respond the same way:

"I consider the shouting across the convention hall floor to be harassing and probably humiliating to Ms Fowler. And being "drunk and douchey" doesn't exactly eliminate the encounter from being harassment. Maybe it does happen as often as you say. It shouldn't."


The shouting across the convention floor was after the two had an altercation. We don't know who said what. Just because he yelled after doesn't mean he was in the wrong.

Does the punishment fit the crime? I don't think so (at least with the evidence we have been given). This man's life and livelihood is being threatened for as far as we know, a failed attempt to get laid.

Sorry, this isn't good enough to drag his name through the mud.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:39 pm

dairydead wrote:Sorry guys I'm at work and just got around to seeing this. CS It Wasnts meant as an attack. Im sorry I didn't edit it earlier


We are very cool. :-D

:drunk

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:45 pm

This is like reading the stuff on Rob Ford here in Toronto.
User avatar

Spektre

FROGMAN

Postby Spektre » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:55 pm

My god. What thin skin most of you have.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Spektre wrote:My god. What thin skin most of you have.


You ain't seen nothin yet.
User avatar

Spektre

FROGMAN

Postby Spektre » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:57 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
If the mawds policed this thread they'd have to ban Spektre and Avengingtitan, at the very least. Don't be a tattletale. :P


The go to move with the Spektre banning again.

You're poster-ist.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests