Sunday, December 9, 2018 • Evening Edition • "SCORE! The Outhouse does it again!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Spektre wrote:My god. What thin skin most of you have.


We all are so very very white.
User avatar

Spektre

FROGMAN

Postby Spektre » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:14 pm

...
User avatar

Spektre

FROGMAN

Postby Spektre » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
We all are so very very white.


Was referring to the original article, not the in-post namecalling.
User avatar

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:21 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:


I'm sorry. I must have missed this part. What punishment?
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:23 pm

David Bird wrote:
I'm sorry. I must have missed this part. What punishment?


Exposing someone on Twitter will lead to probably boycotts and make him toxic for a while.
User avatar

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:26 pm

I think it's safe to say people are sending angry emails to anyone they think is even remotely attached to B.W.

Brian Wood ‏@brianwood 2h
Wanted to say that my media rights agent, listed at the top of my website, is not a person to send angry emails to.
User avatar

meinterrupted

Snake On A Plane

Postby meinterrupted » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:55 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
Exposing someone on Twitter will lead to probably boycotts and make him toxic for a while.


I severely doubt that. I run in a very feminist circle of comics fans, and we've all been following this very closely. No one has tried to initiate a boycott, though several of us have dropped his books from our pull lists and sent (very reasoned) emails to Marvel regarding the situation--mostly because he's obviously a hypocrite.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:00 pm

meinterrupted wrote:
I severely doubt that. I run in a very feminist circle of comics fans, and we've all been following this very closely. No one has tried to initiate a boycott, though several of us have dropped his books from our pull lists and sent (very reasoned) emails to Marvel regarding the situation--mostly because he's obviously a hypocrite.


:lol: :lol:

You "severely doubt that" and then you do exactly what I just said would happen. :lol:
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:16 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
:lol: :lol:

You "severely doubt that" and then you do exactly what I just said would happen. :lol:


They aren't allowed to express their opinions? Regardless of whether Fowler is telling the truth, she should have kept it suppressed because people, if they were aware of the story, would make an informed decision to not buy his books and send emails to Marvel?
User avatar

Spektre

FROGMAN

Postby Spektre » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:23 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
But she didn't say she was starry eyed or bought into what he was selling:


So nowhere in here story does she say that she was starry eyed. In fact, she says she was not "THAT naive" and didn't go to his room. The narrative here seems to be, according to her tweets:

I'll point out again, this is taking her words at face value, which, of course, I have no way of verifying. Personally, I would like to know more about the situation and hear from more people. But if we're going to debate here, we should at least debate what she's actually saying, not a straw man that's easier to dismiss.


The behavior of the man in question is considered normal in this business. And the few people who know about it consider it to be my fault for “falling for it” when he feigned interest in my work. In my pursuit of doing this work professionally I ran a gauntlet of this sort of thing. I came in with stars in my eyes and were it not for the handful of really good people who stepped in to keep me safe, I might not have made it through without being completely jaded by it. I am older now, with young impressionable followers of my own. And I do my best to help them over these kinds of hurdles when they arise. I wish more people were brave enough to speak out. But for every voice raised in protest, there are a thousand to defend the person in question. It’s daunting.


Jude???
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:24 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
They aren't allowed to express their opinions? Regardless of whether Fowler is telling the truth, she should have kept it suppressed because people, if they were aware of the story, would make an informed decision to not buy his books and send emails to Marvel?


She didn't have to post it on Twitter. She must have known what the repercussions would be.

This is fucking with someone's career because he yelled at her.

And me interrupted said that she didn't think there would be boycotts when her and her friends essentially started one.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:58 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
Exposing someone on Twitter will lead to probably boycotts and make him toxic for a while.


meinterrupted wrote:I severely doubt that. I run in a very feminist circle of comics fans, and we've all been following this very closely. No one has tried to initiate a boycott, though several of us have dropped his books from our pull lists and sent (very reasoned) emails to Marvel regarding the situation--mostly because he's obviously a hypocrite.


Wait... isn't dropping his books from your pull lists and e-mailing Marvel about the situation pretty much the definition of boycott?
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:58 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
She didn't have to post it on Twitter. She must have known what the repercussions would be.

This is fucking with someone's career because he yelled at her.

And me interrupted said that she didn't think there would be boycotts when her and her friends essentially started one.


She didn't have to, but she didn't have to not either.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:00 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
She didn't have to, but she didn't have to not either.


Nobody has to do anything. There's just common sense. :smt102
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:11 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
Nobody has to do anything. There's just common sense. :smt102


I would think it would be common sense that if there's something you wouldn't want becoming public because it would ruin your career, you shouldn't do it in the first place. I would think that would be a more egregious faux pas than someone telling people about what you did. (In this hypothetical situation where we take everything said at face value)

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Grayson, MikeinLA and 29 guests