Advertisement

Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 20 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Re: Tess Fowler: 'Brian Wood is a DICK'

Postby Frag » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:57 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I don't know man, how many times can I say it? Multiple people, including someone who signed up on this site and posted in the other thread, have made clear that there is a "whispernet" of women who inform each other about misconduct and warn each other but that no one speaks out about and people stay silent because they're afraid to upset the status quo. Fowler says that it needs to stop being women saying this stuff to each other in private and it needs to start being men letting other men know their behavior is not okay.

You want every woman who's ever been harassed to come out in the next 24 hours and name names? I think it's a gradual change.

I know you don't know. I wasn't really asking directly. It was mostly rhetorical.

It's just like repeating there's a problem doesn't help if we don't know what it is. I hope that someone gets to the bottom of it and figures it out. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. I just want to see the fire before I decide it's there.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 724 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:59 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
I know you don't know. I wasn't really asking directly. It was mostly rhetorical.

It's just like repeating there's a problem doesn't help if we don't know what it is. I hope that someone gets to the bottom of it and figures it out. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. I just want to see the fire before I decide it's there.

Do you honestly think it's mass hysteria and all the people saying there's a problem are imagining it? To some extent, that's the problem itself.

"I was harassed."

"PROVE IT! EVIDENCE OR I'LL NEVER BELIEVE IT! YOU'RE CRAZY OR LYING!"

"Nevermind."

"TITS OR GTFO"
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Frag

Postby Frag » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:01 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Do you honestly think it's mass hysteria and all the people saying there's a problem are imagining it? To some extent, that's the problem itself.

"I was harassed."

"PROVE IT! EVIDENCE OR I'LL NEVER BELIEVE IT! YOU'RE CRAZY OR LYING!"

"Nevermind."

"TITS OR GTFO"

How can you have a discussion about the seriousness of a topic without the facts?

And messageboards and Twitter are not the right venue for these discussions anyway.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:02 am

You want to know how bad the problem is, Frag?

Two women who visited this message board for the first time this week have said that they found our discussions REFRESHINGLY RATIONAL.

How bad must it be elsewhere when The Outhouse is a haven for rational discussion? With Spektre posting in the threads no less. :P

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 176 posts

Postby Spektre » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:03 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:In other words, I hear this as a call to comics to get its house in order. And I find it hard to disagree with that. We CAN do it.

I disagree with it. You will be fought. If history proves anything it is that human nature will win.
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 389 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:03 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:You want to know how bad the problem is, Frag?

Two women who visited this message board for the first time this week have said that they found our discussions REFRESHINGLY RATIONAL.

How bad must it be elsewhere when The Outhouse is a haven for rational discussion? With Spektre posting in the threads no less. :P

It's a scary thought isn't it?

Thank you Troy for the sig

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Spektre » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:04 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I don't know, I'm not an expert. One problem is that there is a hostile environment for any "squeaky wheels" that make noise about being harassed. Maybe a good place to start would be to stop immediately calling women crazy or liars when they come forward and trying to discredit their stories.

And thus the usual response to a incensed liberal.

I don't know what to do, BUT WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:07 am

Spektre wrote:
And thus the usual response to a incensed liberal.

I don't know what to do, BUT WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!

I've named a few specific things we can do. As a super-important comics pundit, I do something all the time just by talking about it. :P

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Spektre » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:08 am

Take note Jude.

2 out of 2 women recommended Spektre posted threads to their women who want rationality.
Last edited by Spektre on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:11 am

Spektre wrote:
Take note Jude.

2 out of 2 women recommended Spektre posted thread to their women who want rationality.

Shit, maybe they ARE crazy.

Frag

Postby Frag » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:11 am

:shock:

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Spektre » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:16 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
Well you abandoned me!

LOL, we were not on the same side of this issue.

You simply want proof to crucify this guy. I could care less if the encounter happened as stated or not, or if there were hundreds more. "Sexual harassment" is simply a feminist version of "affirmative action" in attempting to forcibly redistribute power instead of earning it through voluntary exchange.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 75 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:47 am

Spektre wrote:
"Sexual harassment" is simply a feminist version of "affirmative action" in attempting to forcibly redistribute power instead of earning it through voluntary exchange.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 138 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:59 am

GLX wrote:

I...really...uh, what the hell is going on here???

geekinlyesmith
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Legen- Wait for it...

Postby geekinlyesmith » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:39 am

So, I know I'm way behind on this discussion here, but I had to thrown in my two cents.

I want to believe Fowler. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, because we need to in order for women who are victimized to feel like they can come forward without fear.

BUT. On the flip side of that, how do you go about proving these allegations without making her feel like you don't believe her? True or not, you can't just take someone at their word over something like this. There has to be others, there has to be proof, because what you're talking about here is potentially ruining Brian Wood's career and livelihood.

Without proof, without other people stepping forward, the best she can hope for is staying away from him and people around her watching her back and helping keep them separated. It sucks, but without proof, I'm not willing to condemn the man. Innocent until proven guilty. It's all hearsay.

If there's as many women stepping forward in private as Fowler claims, and I have no more reason to believe there isn't as I do to believe there is, then there's proof. They step forward and they could get the justice they're wanting. By staying silent they're hurting no one but themselves.

I just can't in good conscience boycott this guys' work and slam him and call him names without more than one woman's say-so. That's not reasonable. That's not rational.

But I suppose my opinion isn't valid. I don't really read this dude's crummy books anyway. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand