Advertisement

The Beat Uses Investigative Journalism to Uncover Marvel's Marvelman Project (UPDATED)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 1 post

Re: The Beat Uses Investigative Journalism to Uncover Marvel

Postby MrBlack » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:07 pm

LobsterJ wrote:I can't imagine Marvel giving a property they have spent time and money acquiring to a total no-name writer. But then again Marvel has done other dumb shit in the past I didn't understand (cancelling YA and throwing thousands of dollars in the toilet while Heinberg worked for the competition, for example) so I guess it is possible.

I agree on the first count. There's no way they're giving Marvelman to anyone other than a very high profile writer.

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Isn't this Captain Britain?

Hab

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 37 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:32 pm

The more I see this thread, the more I think that no matter what, we will never have what we had back in the 80s/90s with Moore and Gaiman. We'll get a shadow of it at best even if it is written by either of them. The bar is set that high.

Marvel should do two things. A- spend the money and get ownership of the work we want, better known as Miracle Man. B- suck it up and let various creators just run with the characters and concepts both in and out of the MU's continuity.

As for Captain Britain, only let Alan Davis deal with that character. He's the only one who really has done well with it.

Fantomex... :smt102
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 15 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Scantronman, _OM_ & cyclopsfan

Postby outsider » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:As for Captain Britain, only let Alan Davis deal with that character. He's the only one who really has done well with it.
THANK YOU. I thought I was the only one. I read Alan Davis's CB trade long before I ever read Alan Moore's, and while Moore gets credit for introducing concepts like Saturnyne and The Fury, Davis knocks it out of the ballpark.
-

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:The more I see this thread, the more I think that no matter what, we will never have what we had back in the 80s/90s with Moore and Gaiman. We'll get a shadow of it at best even if it is written by either of them. The bar is set that high.

Marvel should do two things. A- spend the money and get ownership of the work we want, better known as Miracle Man. B- suck it up and let various creators just run with the characters and concepts both in and out of the MU's continuity.

As for Captain Britain, only let Alan Davis deal with that character. He's the only one who really has done well with it.

Giving Gaiman a movie credit could be the first step in that process.

Hab

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 17 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:As for Captain Britain, only let Alan Davis deal with that character. He's the only one who really has done well with it.

Paul Cornell.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand