Wednesday, July 18, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Still Kardashian free!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Boys #59 (spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:15 pm

The Bass wrote:I would

He was there to Pee on the homelander at a previous meeting with the 7. Sounds like a team member to me.

Max Blyss

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Max Blyss » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:43 am

Been a while since I've posted here, but here goes:

I've been wondering if the Homelander's schizo trip and Butcher's creepy, absent statement 'It's not me, son... I'm somewhere else watching it happen.' would indicate the presence / meddling of a telepath in the mix.

Almost every other Superhero Standard Power has been exhibited, but not telepathy... Hmmm...

Question would be who? My moneys on Jess Bradley. She seems to have worked her way in with the Unnamed Vought guy waay too easily, and works him like a runway. Also, she has come the closest to initiating a confrontation 'tween the Boys and the Seven, and knew just how to work that with Vought man in the aftermath.

Also... Maybe it's just me, but Jack From Jupiter didn't kill Terror. Someone who knew how Butcher would react did that.

Another thing... How is it that Hughie can be such a brain - dead yokel all of the time, but conveniently always find himself in the right place at the right time to get the story on everything? I think there's major surprises in store with that character for SURE.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:49 am

I don't really think Ennis is the kind of guy to go for a superhero type twist. A common theme of all his stories is friendship and the worst of people which is why I expect a more down-to-earth twist based on human emotion.

But I agree there's a big twist coming

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:53 am

fieldy snuts wrote:I don't really think Ennis is the kind of guy to go for a superhero type twist. A common theme of all his stories is friendship and the worst of people which is why I expect a more down-to-earth twist based on human emotion.

yeah Butcher was saying how he's not in the situation he's somewhere else just watching it happen. Black Nior is a bizzarro Homelander. Wait for it.

Max Blyss

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Max Blyss » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:17 am

guitarsmashley wrote: Black Nior is a bizzarro Homelander. Wait for it.

This I agree with completely...

Max Blyss

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Max Blyss » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:25 am

fieldy snuts wrote:I don't really think Ennis is the kind of guy to go for a superhero type twist. A common theme of all his stories is friendship and the worst of people which is why I expect a more down-to-earth twist based on human emotion.

Whatever the twist is, it'll be big... But look at how several characters have been behaving kinda out of character. Butcher's vicious, sure, but he's never blank or absent about it. The Homelander's a maniac, sure, but not the kinda guy to curl up in a ball crying in the basement (several issues ago), and Hughie's explosion at the table... Hughie's a dumbass, but plainly isn't ballsy enough to just confront Butcher on his being a cryptic bastard. These things make me think they are being played with... Maybe not by a full on telepath, but perhaps an empath or something... Went over it and over it in my head thinking it was a dumb idea, but then I twigged on to the fact that it's the only 'Standard' power we haven't seen in the book yet, and they've even said that 'V' boosts brain chemistry and strengthens synapses and neurons...

Of course, with Ennis, it won't be worked in a normal way, but I'm leaning toward it right now...

leave a comment with facebook